Madrone Wall : Final Request

elaine

Climbers:

In less than 2 weeks the future of the Madrone will be decided on once and for all. I say this with urgency because I had a feeling of the possible decision that the Parks Advisory Board may decide to never do anything with the Madrone.

We had an info booth at Planet Granite last night for a few hours, and when I heard Keith tell a couple of climbers who stopped by to inquire, he stated that:

(paraphrasing)

" A decision will be made whether to move forward towards park creation, or keep it closed forever."

This is the first time I heard him say this publicly to anyone, and so I am putting out my final request to you all. Please pass this email along to anyone, or connect with friends on Facebook. What are the issues or reasons?

1) They don't seek out funding sources and grants for the Madrone.

2) They are not really fond of climbers, and never have been.

Our group, legislators, businesses, and citizens from around the Pacific NW, including many of you, have chimed in their support over the years. THANKS for doing this! The dozens of positive benefits of this site being re-opened have been communicated. Those arguments include: tourism dollars, scout troop experiences, exercise and mental health benefits, liveable communities, search and rescue group practices, science classrooms for student field trips, improved home values near the area, and opportunities for different types of recreation besides climbing. There are many more benefits to this site being opened, too!

What can you do?

1) Fill out the Action Alert. Write in your own words or sign it as is. Just over 400 letters have been submitted since the Action Alert was posted in early March. I think there are more than 400 people who want to climb here. I think we can get more people to submit their own letter. In fact, we need it! Link below:

http://www.accessfund.org/c.tmL5KhNWLrH/b.5208267/k.8C84/Action_Center/siteapps/advocacy/ActionItem.aspx?c=tmL5KhNWLrH&b=5208267&aid=521166

2) Pass this on to anyone you know in Clackamas County and ask for their support.

3) If you do know residents in Clackamas County, maybe they have a personal connection with the Commissioners or a Parks Board member? Have them reach out to those key decision makers. They can contact me directly via this email for more information.

4) Please do any of this by next Friday, April 17th.

Keith and I are working very hard behind the scenes with meetings and conference calls with some potential key players.

Thanks for your support!

Kellie Rice

President, Madrone Wall Preservation Committee

www.facebook.com/madronewall

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic