Richard Pargeter's Mountain Maps Return!

Lucas Pargeter

My grandfather Richard Pargeter's maps used to fill the shelves of stores across Washington State, and were considered some of the best, if not the best trail maps of the North Cascades and Olympic Mountains.

However a few years ago he ran into medical complications and has been forced into retirement. His maps as a result haven't reached the hands of hikers and backpackers in much too long.

I'm trying to change all that. But we need help to make a large scale print.

I'm launching a website today at http://pargetermaps.com/ alongside an indiegogo at http://igg.me/at/pargetermaps . Here you'll be able to preorder any of Richard's maps including his sought after North Central Cascades and Olympic Mountains maps. Monetary donations are of course also accepted. If you can't preorder or donate to the cause you can still help out! Just let your family and friends know about our effort!

These maps are not only great for hikers, they are also true works of art and make great wall pieces, so make sure you check them out and spread the word!

If you have any questions please let us know here or email us at lucas@pargetermaps.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had not seen the Gold one before, but love those map's unique perspective.

I see the Gold one shows gold discoveries out on the north Olympic coast. Two years ago I was hiking from Shi Shi down to Ozette and when we hiked down Shi Shi we saw what look like some scientific operation going on with some equipment. When we got out at the Ozette ranger station by the lake the ranger there interrogated us, which we found to be strange...asked us all sorts of weird questions. Finally at the end he told us that they had just caught someone mining gold at Shi Shi (right there at Petroleum Creek where we saw the "scientific operation") and that the miners ran off and escaped when discovered. They confiscated a bunch of mining gear and a quad. So they were on the look out for these guys and were making sure we weren't them.

I have had those maps on the wall of my gear room for 15 years, and before that they were on the wall of my bedroom in my parents house. I still uses them often to figure out what views will be like, which trails to use for approaches, etc. I cut mine so that they fit together somewhat in a big mosiac. I would love to see them back in print!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...