Access, Green Giant Buttress & 3 O'Clock Rock

Buckaroo

Access report, forest service road #2060 from near Darrington.

The road is in about the same condition it's been for the last 5 years or so. You can make it as far as described in Selected Climbs, 8 miles from the pavement, but only if you have something with ground clearance like a Subaru. If you have something like a Prius you are going only 7 miles. You can take a bicycle and ride that last mile. This is for Green Giant Buttress. For 3 O'Clock Rock the road is fine for all vehicles.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago I went with chainsaws and a good friend to the green giant buttress road and cut all of the trees out of the way. I assume it needs another trim. I hope to get to this again this year.

Edited by abarlow

Two years ago I went with chainsaws and a good friend to the green giant buttress road and cut all of the trees out of the way. I assume it needs another trim. I hope to get to this again this year.

Or more than 1 trim, more than one group cuts logs and brush off that road. Good on you!