Seattle Pub Club 1/14/03

Dave_Schuldt

Whatever Kurt... Do you think I care?

I don't really give a shit where we drink. If I show up and don't like to place I'll leave. We hadn't been to the Blue Star in over a year and the last time we were there people had a fun time (until we had to figure out the tab, but that's another story...). Most of the other chicks were up for it I thought it's be nice to have a more balanced group for once. Not my fault they didn't show up.

If we don't go to the Alki or the downtown place David wants to hit, maybe we should consider going to that place over in Queen Anne that Icegirl suggested awhile back. It had a good room downstairs for all of us to hang out in, darts, pool, etc. and the owners were bending over backwards to accomodate us.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax AK, it was nice to hang out without smoke. Last week was realy bad. Beer and friends are the same no mater where we meet. How are you going to ban me from voting?

You don't have a problem with the place because you were asleep ! yellowsleep.gifrolleyes.gif The problem with beer and friends at the Blue Star was that there was NO BEER bigdrink.gifmadgo_ron.gif.

It was not the waitresses fault. It seemed to me that the Blue Star caters more to diners and isn't set up to handle late-night drinkers bigdrink.gifcantfocus.gif . And I guess it isn't really Dave's fault because how in hell is he supposed to know what happens anywhere after 9pm? hahaha.gif However I think it is important that we allow those who actually know the hours of the bars to make the choice! I'd say BAN DAVE SCHULDT from the Pub Club threads if it weren't for the little technicality that there would be no Pub Club threads without him! rockband.giffruit.gif

I gotta say, the air quality WAS better in the Blue Star than it had been in Teddy's the week before. But we started out at a long table where there wasn't room to circulate, and then when we moved to the back room where it was more comfortable they decided that they couldn't adquately supervise us back there and they cut us off (I don't think anybody really looked obviously wasted, but ChucK and I discussed the idea that it was probably based only the pure number of pitchers they had delivered - I could be wrong). But I think ChucK is right: the real issue is that they just aren't really catering to our kind of crowd. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with trying some different style venues once in a while but I wouldn't want to go back to the Blue Star every week.

An exclusive CC.com investigation has revealed the shocking truth behind the cold reception Cascade Climbers received at the Blue Star. We have uncovered a trail of original email documentation that reveals the sordid details of an unimaginable conspiracy...

-------

To: The management of the Blue Star Restaurant

Date: 1/14/03 10:46 am

Re: The approaching storm

Dear Sirs,

It has come to our attention that a group felonious malcontents known as the Cascade Climbers are planning to gather at your establishment this evening. While at first they may appear harmless, they are in truth perverse, profane, malodorous and likely to skip out on the check. They will leave a wake of destruction that would make the raiding tribes of the Haida proud. Trust us. They have wreaked havok upon our virtual establishment, Summitpost.com, and they will wreak it upon yours. Have you ever seen the movie "Something Wicked This Way Comes?" Enough said. As responsible and upstanding citizens, we thought you'd appreciate the heads up.

Sincerely,

The concerned people of Summitpost.com.

---------

To: Summitpost.com

Date: 1/14/03 12:40 pm

Re: The approaching storm

Dear responsible citizens of Summitpost.com,

Thanks you for the heads up about the Cascade Climbers. We are developing a plan of action that includes containment, strict beer quotas, and proactively hostile service.

Yours in respectability,

The management of the Blue Star

---------

To: All Blue Star Employees

Date: 1/14/03 5:15 pm

Re: Cascade Climbers

Dear Blue Star Employees,

It has come to management's attention that a group known as the Cascade Climbers is planning to rendevouz at the Blue Star this evening. This mere presence of this stinky, loud, ill mannered, and uncouth crew could be a major threat to our image as a cultured establishment with the best Lemon Spritzers in town. Not to mention our defenseless ferns. So as to minimize their disruption and hopefully dissaude them from ever returning to the Blue Star again, we have developed four point plan of action.

1) Isolate: Seat them as far back in the isolated back room as possible so they are out of the sight and smell of the rest of our paying guests.

2) Observe: Never take your eyes off them. Watch them like hawks. They may try to make off with silverwear or extra packets of sugar.

3) Ration: One pitcher of beer for every ten people per hour--NO MORE!!! If they try to order more, simply grimace in an annoyed fashion, say "coming right up!" and "forget" to bring them their beer.

4) Exit Strategy: At 10 pm, after a couple hours of (sort of) serving them with an appropriately unwelcoming attitude, cut them off, remove even their waters from the table, and demand that they pay their tab immediately or face prosecution. Include a manditory 25% gratuity. If they pay with cash, verify it is not counterfeit.

Together, if we stick to our plan, we will weather the Cascade Climber storm and insure that this group of social lepers never descends upon our fine establishment again!

Sincerely,

The management of the Blue Star

-------

PLEASE NOTE:

Cavey did not punch anyone. In fact, he was freely disseminating up-to-date and completely accurate beta, he was a most pleasant conversationalist and he was, in all respects, the perfectly exemplary pub clubber (he paid his bill). I repeat. He did not punch anyone. Now can you guys leave me alone with the personal messages and calls for a police report?

Is it possible to make drinking this fucking difficult? Sometimes good bars suck. Sometimes bad bars are cool. Sometimes things just suck and you have to make the best of it. I've been to the Blue Star before it was lame, so don't go back. Search out new places, talk to an employee beforehand and see if they can accomedate you.

Hey, fern. If you can get enough "north enders" to support you, you can organize a Pub Club North, perhaps on a different day. For me Everett (and the Flying Pig or O'Donnell's), are the same time-wise, if not distance, as Seattle. Hell, trask might even show up if we had one in Everett. Although he'd come incognito. You'd recognize him as the one with a blond on each arm. grin.gif