Seattle Pub Club 1/14/03

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riding the ferry home from last Pub Club, I spoke with the manager of the New Orleans in Pioneer Square. He said Tuesday would be a good day for us to come in there. They have live music later for the folks who stay later, but you can be in the other room so it's not to loud. Do you hear that girls.....dancing!! Just an idea for next downtown location. Good food and not too spendy.

Edited by David_Parker

trask, i'm beginning to think you're a dork, and you're really not the same trask i used to know. wtf??? anyway, more than a few people have seen me at a pub club so you can't say i never go. right now i am car-less, though, and the walking-and-bus-riding to fun-at-the-pub-club ration is pretty low. how 'bout the ram and their one-dollar wells for a change?

In my opinion, Friday is the WORST night of the week to go out. The bars are all packed, everybody is all hyped to get started on the weekend, and you get terrible service. Saturday can be slightly better, but still I find week nights better in most drinking establishments. For lining up partners in advance of a weekend trip, Tuesday is not a bad choice but maybe Wednesday would be better because the weekend forecast would be slightly more reliable by then.

My understanding is Beck is reason for pub clubs. I say we ask him...

as mattp said, the bars are usually not crowded, sometimes have weekday specials, gives you monday to recover from whatever you were out climbing, and gives you the rest of the week to recover for climbing the following weekend. grin.gif

Blue Star gets my vote... as I've not been there before...

That would be tomorrow night, Timi, and so far we've got three votes for Blue Star and no other place has more than a mention. As much as I don't really like the Blue Star because it is way too designer-decorated for my taste and I didn't find it very comfortable when we were there before, they do have decent beer and it is relatively central (for north-enders, at least).

For next week, the New Orleans sounds OK and who knows, maybe LawGoddeess could drum up support for the Ram or the Dutchess.