Alpinist 1

Alex

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the appeal is limited solely to "alpinists" or dirtbags - in my opinion it's one of the better climbing mags around period (but then there's not much competition).

Judging by newstand, shop sales (I know of at least one shop that's sold out already) and my subscription number(~5000), they may be well on their way to where they want to be.

You're presupposing that most serious climbers are dirtbags with no money. I suspect this is another myth put about by the climbing media in their mission to promote the "climbing lifestyle".

You've only got to look at how the cost of gear has risen to see that there must be some pretty well off climbers out their to support the market.

jordop~If you were to write a column in Alpinist titled "Get Back in the Car Bitch" I would be happy to extract from my pitiful graduate student pay the cost of a subscription. Even though that subscription price is worth a couple of bottles o' whisky out on the glacier! bigdrink.gif

Cheers.

Hey Loozer Climers!

Yoo guys suk! Do to lack of intrest and the fakt that yoo cheep bassturds diddnt send me any money, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE PLESZUR OF REEDING MY NEW MAGAZEEN CALLED "KIDZ KLIMBING KORRAL". Forget about it!

Im going to make some money frum some other sports that arent so boaring and cheep!!!

So if any of yoo are intrestted, Im starting a new magazeen called "Kidz Wind Serfing Korral". Send me $5 if you want a subskripsion others wise go shut up and go back to your lame mounten climming.

carrot.jpg

- Surfman Charlie, Master Windserfer