Hip Surgery

well, except for the missing family members -- congratulations! keep up the good work and the good attitude, and keep sharing. I'm always inspired hearing folks getting all excited about being able to do "not very much"... that step from "nothing" to "not much" is the biggest one - and more exciting than anyone who hasn't had to make it can ever know. keep it up!

-Haireball

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Ok, so it's been a bit since I did an update on how my hip's doing..... I guess it's time. Over the past few weeks, I have gone from walking my dogs around the park to jogging with them to hiking 5+ miles with weight on my back.

Just this past weekend, I ran 5K and then did a 30mile bike ride to one of our local wineries. Everything is feeling awesome! I still have occasional soft-tissue soreness the day following a big excursion or after many days of use, but I'm progressing!

I have started to plan my first "climbs" for the end of the summer and can't wait to get out and crush it!

Hope everybody is well and enjoying their spring!

Yak

• 2 months later...

So, I am a full year since my surgery. This coming weekend, I am going full-circle: my buddy and I are headed up to Adams to give the south side a go. I know it's nothing glorious, but it'll be my first real "climb" since my surgery. Wish me luck and if anybody sees me up there, say hi!!

Yak

good luck, love seeing you follow up with your progress. Success stories are good to see because the internet is filled with people complaining about why they're medically broken from conditions, and has way less people talking about how they recovered from issues.

Enjoy the glissade!

• 2 weeks later...

So I did it! 22 years since the first time I climbed my first Cascade Volcano, I did it again! I went full-circle and climbed Adams again to see how my hip felt..... It felt great!! As far as I can tell, my rehab is going great and it's game-on! THanks all for the support and see you out there!!

Yak