[TR] Ancient Art, Castleton Tower, South Six Shooter - Part I: Aerial Video 3/24/2015

Trip: Ancient Art, Castleton Tower, South Six Shooter - Part I: Aerial Video

Date: 3/24/2015

Trip Report:

Brandon, Ken and I did a few of the towers in Moab/Indian Creek. We slept on top of the Stolen Chimney pitch just below Ancient Art's Corkscrew Summit and then climbed it a couple times at night. I rap'd down in the morning while they quickly climbed it again.

We planned to bivy on top of Castleton, but a late start + hauling heavy pack overhead contributed to us bailing 2/3rds of the way up Kor-Ingalls. Me being terrible at off-width climbing didn't help either.

South Six shooter in Indian Creek was really fun and easy (South Face). We had it all to ourselves. I slept on the summit which can just barely sleep one. It's sloped and it got really cold, so I shivered through the night, but you couldn't beat the view. A really fat mouse/rat wasn't shy about running around my bag.

This was my first time trying any of the Utah towers, wow are they spectacular. As we left Castleton another party was headed up with overnight gear for a summit bivy. Definitely still on my list.

More pics/info in Part II.

Edited by lukeh

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic