Looking for PNW partners for spring and summer

Greetings All,

I am looking for climbing partners for the upcoming spring and summer. I'm 41, good shape, located in Seattle. After the first weekend in April I'll be available to climb any day of the week or weekend. We can meet or carpool, whichever works.

I'm interested mostly in glacier mountaineering and moderate ice & trad. Always up for some cragging or conditioning hiking/scrambling too. I've been in the PNW for a year and have climbed Rainer 3x (Kautz), Hood 2x (Hogback & Cooper), Shasta 2x (AG & Casaval), Adams 1x (Adams Glacier), Baker 1x (CD), Eldorado, Sahale, etc. Spent a lot of time in Colorado on 14ers and am good on steep snow and good with altitude.

I do have a full trad rack, some rusty experience on lead (5.7-5.8), and can follow 5.9-5.10. I have not done mixed alpine, but am interested to try before it all melts away. I want to get better at climbing stuff by climbing more stuff, and it so happens I had my schedule open up... My goal is to get on some more challenging routes this year, say like N Ridge of Baker and less crowded ones like Awesome Route Dude Doesn't Know About Yet.

PM me if interested!

Cheers

Fred

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred,

I would certainly be interested in making some climbs with you! I just moved to the PNW about 2 weeks ago so needless to say, I am anxious to get out. I'm 25 and feel pretty comfortable on a glacier and WI3 ice. Granted I am a young gun and have only made a winter summit of Mt. Washington in NH as well as several multi-pitch ice climbs out that way. Also I almost made the summit of Sahale peak, but the guides turned us around. I live in Kent and I am looking for a mentor kind of situation so I can get some more experience.

Let me know, if you like I could send you a more detailed "resume"

Thanks

Ian