• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
glassgowkiss

Japan had 47 Ronin, we have 47 traitors

Well, one is about the honor, the other one is about disgrace.

The only right thing to do is for all of them just to commit seppuku, live on c-span.

47 traitors

I was laughing my ass off when I have red this: "“I saw the letter, I saw that it looked reasonable to me and I signed it, that’s all. I sign lots of letters."

McKain is traitor

47 monkeys, all trying to fuck the same football.

It would be very difficult to find a less competent group of people.

47 hamsters would be more productive.

traitor's as treacherous a word to parse as its fuck-all antonym, patriot :)

perhaps dr johnson had a diatribe on that too?

It's interesting how silent Fartweather is on this subject matter. This letter had far worst consequences then any spying ever could.

to be a traitor you need to be making war on your own country - if snowden's not a traitor (he ain't), then neither are these clown-punchers

doesn't mean they're not assholes of course :)

It's interesting how silent Fartweather is on this subject matter. This letter had far worst consequences then any spying ever could.

Oh he expressed an opinion, just not on this thread ;)

Dear Eye-ran,

We'r gonna undue youre nucular deal so we can turd blossom ourselfs a President next year.

Love,

Congressional Opposition Committee for Kandor

All Obama had to do was confirm his Constitutional duty to get Senate confirmation of this treaty if/when the time comes. (Can you think of any reason he might not? Maybe his recent penchant for grand unconstitutional executive orders?) Probably poor form on the part of Senate R's--but arrogant prick el presidente reaps what he sows.

Having just committed political suicide in such a way before what's left of their own Republican party, if considered from the perspective of samurai culture, ritual seppuku just might be deemed appropriate for the 47 senators!

call me crazy, but I very much doubt that letter will endanger the re-election odds for most of those senators :)

05gop2.jpg

Well, ain't democracy a bitch. :lmao::lmao:

I recall Congressional Democrats sending apology letters galore to Daniel Ortega back in the 80s. Jim Wright, anyone? I also recall Baghdad Jim McDermott hangin' out with Saddam while GW&Co were "negotiating."

Truth is, if we had a remotely competent POTUS and SOS in office now these little American civics reminders wouldn't be necessary. We see Obama as an autocrat and a threat to separation of powers. This is the result of his unconstitutional power grab vis-a-vis immigration and, uhhhmmm, "prosecutorial discretion." This is how it's gonna be until he's out of office. Too fucking bad.

Since we're going off topic lets revisit Seattle vs Tacoma and talk about safe places to live.

http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/safest-places-in-washington/

Or this link

http://s3.amazonaws.com/movotoblog/2014/05/safest-washington/table.html

Big cities don't fair too well in the study, but at least Seattle (#66) is safer than Tacoma (#70). Of course Tukwila manages to beat Yakavegas and score #74