Beta and/or Partners? Rock and Alpine?

WorldClimber1234

Hey All,

I am flying into Seattle in a couple weeks and am getting heavy into "planning". I say that loosely, since I like to be flexible for weather and explorations sake, but as far as gear goes and choosing what to bring and where to shoot for...

I am from the NE, have been that way, but not with the crowd where I could fully be off my leash, haha! So, my alpine experience is not very glacial, nor within an alpine environment at the altitudes you all enjoy. My only high altitude climb (non-glacial and not very technical) was Mt. Whitney. So yes, high, but the July environment may have been much more forgiving...

I have alot of the skills, equipment and knowledge necessary, but lack the experience. Right now I am looking and Mt. St Helens, Mt. Hood and Mt. Rainer as some options. I know there are several other options for summits...

I am looking to link up to get on some rock and maybe even alpine ice, should anything be available. I am also hoping to gain a better idea of the summit worthy terrain and environment so to know what I can solo (if necessary) and maybe even link up with anyone willing to summit with Nor' Easterner (we did get snow this year).

I hope to get some real advice and not be led to more literature, as I have read a lot and plan on reading more, but every season is different and difficulty ratings based of ability and experience is subjective and open to interpretation.

Cheers,

Dave

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic