Seattle and beyond...Visiting 3/29-4/10

Hey All,

I am flying into Seattle and hoping to make some fun plans for early spring stay...I am not familiar with the area and was hoping for some local beta. It seems the weather (or at least precip) has been different this year and I wanted to know what ice might still be in? if it is worth it to bring skis, even if to head upto BC, what other adventures/summits might be worth a run; and lastly, but certainly not least what will be the best options for sport/trad/TR and who wants to partner up??? I am willing to travel and will probably be car camping it most of the time, but any beds or cheap accommodation recommendations would also be greatly appreciated...

Feel free to respond here or email me tripleaderdave@gmail.com

Dave

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A mild winter has made for iffy ice conditions unless a cold snap happens. Skiing also iffy. Think rock climbing. Early season this year. Lots of rock within 2 hrs. drive. Go to a local mountain shop to get best beta and buy a guidebook.

Destinations to ask about: Index, Leavenworth, North Bend, Smith, Squamish. You could use your entire trip at any one of those areas for rock.

Edited by matt_warfield