Lost: Various Gear on Mt Stuart, Ice Cliff Glaicer

Edgewood

Hello,

This is in regards to an accident on Mt Stuart on 2/16. My friend and I were airlifted off of the Ice Cliff Glacier at about 8100' We left most of our climbing gear where we were rescued but I suspect that the gear could be scattered anywhere on or below the route at this point, but it seemed like anything that wasn't super light came to a stop in the flatter areas or depressions of the fall line. This is a what we remember leaving:

-60m Mammut rope 8.9mm

-Black diamond harness (red + gray)

-Ice Tools(4): 2x previous generation Charlet Moser - Quarks w/ wrist leashes & 2x Newer version Petzl Quark Ice Tools

-Pickets(3): 2x 24" SMC & 1x 24" MSR

-Ice Screws(5): 3x mid length Petzl Laser Sonic and 2x Black Diamond Turbo Express (22cm & 16cm)

-Stopper Nuts: assorted mid size Black Diamod Nuts

-Few single + double length slings w/ biners

-ATC guide w/ locker

-Purcell prussik, regular prussik

-Mountainsmith 65L backpack (black, contains some items on this list)

-Black Diamond 75L backpack (blue, empty and with no lid. There is a black watch attached to one of the shoulder straps)

-Watch: Suunto GPS watch, black (ATTACHED TO SHOULDER STRAP OF BLUE BACKPACK)

-Shovels(2): Backcountry access shovel (blade + extendable handle) & Black Diamond Transfer 7 shovel (green)

-Avy Probes(2): Backcountry access probe & 300 cm aluminum Black Diamond Guide probe in red pouch

-foam insulation from Black Diamond helmet

-Headlamps(2): Black Diamond Storm & BD Spot

-few water bottles

-sunglasses (2), used space blankets (2)

-Miscellaneous items in mesh BD harness bag: Garmin GPS (older model), Pantech cellphone, Julbo Sunglasses (in case), multitool,

-Blue-Gray Feathered Friends Down Jacket.

-1 Banged up Petzl Crampon

-First Aid Kit

That is all of the items we could think of at this time.

If anyone sees any of the listed items on route or in the vicinity, please send me a message.

Muchas muchas gracias to the gentleman from Seattle Mountain Rescue who slogged up Mountaineers Creek last week to recover the items we left at our camp. We deeply appreciate your kind and selfless act!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With two young kids at home I have neither the time nor the kitchen pass to attempt a retreival of this gear. Nonetheless, I will offer the services of my snowmobile to expedite the good samaritans who take on this honorable endeaver. I could bump you up or you could borrow it. Located in Leavenworth. PM if interested.

I'll pay it forward seeing as how I just had some gear retrieved by generous souls on Colfax.

My regular partner is out for a bit so I'm looking for a partner next (next) weekend 3/14-15 to go up there and get as much stuff as we can find and also climb the route. Weather permitting, although this winter that's almost a sure bet. Bring your biggest back pack!

PM me or email djcbellows at gmail.

Dana

I'll pay it forward seeing as how I just had some gear retrieved by generous souls on Colfax.

My regular partner is out for a bit so I'm looking for a partner next (next) weekend 3/14-15 to go up there and get as much stuff as we can find and also climb the route. Weather permitting, although this winter that's almost a sure bet. Bring your biggest back pack!

PM me or email djcbellows at gmail.

Dana

:tup: