• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
maurop

Mount Albert

Anyone have any photos and/or climbing history on Mount Albert's SW and North faces? Given the area I imagine the rock is good quality. If anyone knows anything of the climbing difficulty, that would be great! I imagine access might be heinous.

Well. That sucks. I would have thought given some other high quality granite close by that it would have been similar. Did he mention how bad it was? Gravel?

SW Face:

6963454391_1a94122589_b.jpg

Note tree ledges, rockfall scars, possible lack of obvious clean line

N Face

15025749349_8dbe1f61cd_b.jpg

A bigger version of the NE face of Robie Reid with the same issues multiplied. Particularly getting onto the base of the face.

Thanks for the photos! Definitely looks like it has the similar character as Robie Reid. Baby steps - I'll stick to completing that one first before I get into an epic in more remote terrain.

the late Colin Dionne tried both and said the rock was shit

winter, then!

Yes, second that! Looks like a fun winter face to me.

has anyone been dumb enough to do Robbie Reid since McLain's book stirred up the pot?

That book should come with a coupon to a car mechanic. Will it ever get updated?

has anyone been dumb enough to do Robbie Reid since McLain's book stirred up the pot?

Don't you read the AAJ?

Second ascent all free, third ascent all free in a day or some hooey like that.

Big rockfall

Pitches of 10+ with no pro.

Pitches of 10+ with no pro.

Sounds like a fun day out!

The logistics of the approach in summer to Albert seem crazy. Winter would be one wild adventure - sign me up.