• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   11/10/22

Huge thank you to Bellingham based The American Alpine Institute for being our sole sponsor, taking care of our hosting costs,  which is our biggest cost.  @Jason_Martin  of AAI reached out to me, and really wanted to support the forums.  They have supported us in the past,  and now stepped up to support us again.  They will be our sole sponsor for 6 months.   Big time, and they are a local climbing related company to boot!  
Sign in to follow this  
TK421

Ahh, kids

While driving to Snoqualmie Pass today, my daughter noticed Mt. Si and said, “Mom, look at mountain. We could climb that!”

Those are the words every parent loves to hear. smile.gif

Ha, that's a good one. Here is another one. I was out walking my kids this week on a rare clear winter day. I stopped and pointed out glacier peak to my 2 1/2 year old and tell him to look at that Mt. with all the snow on it. He say's "yeah daddy climb that Mountain with a rope and then fall down". hahaha.gif

I was in Borders Bookstore with my 3.5 y.o. daughter picking up Nelson's Cascade Select, Vol I. She wanted a book to look at, soI gave it to her to look at as we went to check out. She kept flipping to different pictures and saying, "Papa, I want to climb that with you." I'm hoping for a gear sponsorship someday!!

My 7yr old son was crushed when we told him that even if he did talk us into climbing Mt. Rainier this summer he wouldn't be the youngest person to do it. He's turning into such a good hiker/backpacker/climber but he's not that good yet!

These are all signs of things to come....as a kid, I always wanted to go climbing with my dad. Come age 13, I did! Remember, a kid can make a great partner, especially if you buy them gear!!

I DONT HAVE ANY OF MY OWN...BUT I CERTAINLY DO ENJOY JUAN'S LITTER OF RUGRATS.......AND ANY OTHERS THAT I GET TO PLAY WITH.....

I WILL BABYSIT FOR BEER!

TRASK...I AM NOT LICENSED TO WORK WITH WILD FARM ANIMALS..OR I WOULD....SORRY

farm animals are generaly considered to be domestic, at least, thats what I have heard wink.gif

maybe erik meant WILD as in, they like to get down and party...or maybe just get down.

in australia, you can buy a barbie-type doll with tattoos, armpit hair and patchouli smell called feral cheryl.

cool! I will have to go down and pick me up one of those for a reminder of days gone past fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

cool! I will have to go down
jk your wife is weirdly turned on by the sound of this doll.