Chamonix Summer 2015

cascadazepam

I'll be in Chamonix from June 27 - July 27 this summer. I have a friend joining me for the final week but am looking for climbing partners for the first 3 weeks of the trip. I'm looking to do as many alpine routes as possible. I climb in the WI/AI4 and easy 5.11 range and will drag to France all the group gear that would be needed to do these routes. I'm renting a studio apartment a few blocks away from the Midi tram for the month (1 BR, kitchen, living room, bathroom, etc.) and crashing with me is an option. Basically, if you can get yourself to Cham you'll have a partner, place to sleep, and a bunch of gear ready to go! Bonus points if you speak French, because I definitely don't. PM me with questions or interest.

-Sam

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Oui. Ce-la m'intriuge. Quelle vois vous interese?

What routes have you got your eyes on? ( and what grade and dificulty would they be close to in the Yosemite Decimal System?)

Let me check travel costs.

Veuillez agréer, Monsieur, l'expression de ma considération distinguée.

JHamaker

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the interest everyone. I'll primarily be looking to climb long alpine rock routes in the 5.8 - 5.11- range, but would also be down for easier climbs on the classic peaks (Mt. Blanc). I don't have a lot of experience on mixed terrain but would be interested in doing easier steep snow/ice/mixed routes as well. I don't have a ton of specific routes in mind, but the Frendo looks ultra-classic and I have a couple guidebooks on the way to feed the stoke.

• 1 month later...