• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
iceclimer

Alaskan Ice Along The Seward Highway

I know it's not the greatest climbing because it's right next to the highway, but there are some great photos of the ice on the Anchorage Daily News website. Click on galleries.

www.adn.com

Didn't see the picture there, but I have noticed that the ice along the highway has been looking GREAT lately. On a related note, did you see that the Seward Highway was voted the Worst Crag in America (for rock) in the latest Climbing? Finally, some recognition!

I saw the photo...depressing since juneau hasn't gotten much more than rain. After climbing along the seward highway for a few years I have to agree with the climbing mags status of one of the worst crags. I always found that ice climbing along the road was more fun than the rock climbing is. Always fun to get to yell at tourist for standing under the tons of manky ice you are knocking off. One would think that large chunks of ice falling around you would make you think twice about wanting to stand there to take a picture of my ass. fruit.gif

but what do i know anyway?

Believe me.. you don't know how much you miss that easy access ice until you don't have it any longer. I spent 4 years in Alaska and now I'm living in Washington. I know there is ice here as well, but it isn't nearly as accessable.