Libtards on Parade: Alcoholism, Corruption, Murder

Fairweather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's always fun to see the fans of fox effect an "you're the product of main-stream media" mien :grin:

It's always fun to see the resident libtard megalomaniac using Ivan's login.

hardly - the double-plus enigma-proof password i got issued in the golden years of the the g.w. regime is nigh-on unbreakable :)

here's a curious puzzle for our pal: patriot or not, from the perspective of a conservative?

150px-SmedleyButler.jpeg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

Nutjobs are not a new thang--on either side of das politik. Civilian or military.

not my question nor my point. smedley (side note, coolest name for a ninja-warrior ever, no?) was hardly a nut-job but a right-noble product of the roosevelt era i know you dig on. bull-shitted his way into the marine's officer corps at 16 or near to it. won 2 medals of honor and would have been 3 if the world knew much about his china experience.

the question was: was he a patriot? would you have dared dispute his love for god, king n' country despite his latter-day condemenation of cash, coin n' corporations?

I have no idea. He was, then he wasn't? He wasn't, then he was? Don't really get your line here. Anyhow, here is the definition:

patriot

[pey-tree-uh t, -ot or, esp. British, pa-tree-uh t]

noun

a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, especially of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

(initial capital letter) Military. a U.S. Army antiaircraft missile with a range of 37 miles (60 km) and a 200-pound (90 kg) warhead, launched from a tracked vehicle with radar and computer guidance and fire control.

"he is a lover of his country who rebukes it's sins and does not excuse them"

my line is its retarded to assume that patriotism is the sole province of a single political persuasion, as your cartoonist suggested - butler would've been considered a die-hard patriot to conservatives today up to his publishing of "war is a racket" (not so different to snowden really), and yet he was no less a lover of his country the day after it hit the stores.

"he is a lover of his country who rebukes it's sins and does not excuse them"

my line is its retarded to assume that patriotism is the sole province of a single political persuasion, as your cartoonist suggested - butler would've been considered a die-hard patriot to conservatives today up to his publishing of "war is a racket" (not so different to snowden really), and yet he was no less a lover of his country the day after it hit the stores.

Don't really see where the cartoon critiques the right at all, in fact. I'm sure you could come up with a similar paste with a 180 view. I don't really give a shit about patriotism per se. I think Snowden is a fucking hero. (Except for the hidin' out in Russia part.)

Still:

stereotype

NOUN

a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing:

"the stereotype of the woman as the carer"

synonyms: standard/conventional image · received idea · cliché ·

Edited by Fairweather

the cartoon clearly claims that liberals are non-patriots - look at it again and tell me how i'm reading it wrong?

the "you don't love your country if you're an obama-type" meme is out there in the zietgiest lately as i'm sure you're aware - my point is it's bullshit - sounds like you agree in the case of snowden so i guess we're good :)

Anyhow, here's the libtard of the week. Sounds like she set up a private friggin' email server in her house to handle her official communications as SOS. More contempt from the "most transparent administration in history."

hillary-clinton-550.jpg

meh. wasn't the nsa recording every email ever at that time, can it be that hard for future generations to reconstruct? :)

i haven't met a single human being who wants hillary as a candidate, so i'm all for faux news convincing her to keep the fuck out :P

the cartoon clearly claims that liberals are non-patriots - look at it again and tell me how i'm reading it wrong?

the "you don't love your country if you're an obama-type" meme is out there in the zietgiest lately as i'm sure you're aware - my point is it's bullshit - sounds like you agree in the case of snowden so i guess we're good :)

I think you're a little too sensitive? :) As for Obama's love for country n' Giuliani & all, well, generally speaking, one does not seek to "fundamentally transform" the object of one's affection. E.g., "I love you, but I want to fundamentally change who you are." No, I don't think Obama loves America. His executive action re immigration, at the very least, demonstrates his contempt for the nation state generally.

would lincoln's executive actions stood up to such scrutiny? and can you accuse the Bearded One of such egregious n' ersatz patriotism?

meh. i never met america. i hear she's hot though, so i'm looking forward to our heated encounter :)

Can a person not love their country and still wish to see it fundamentally transformed? I'd say that I fall into that category myself.

'Murica is a great place, with vast potential, but over the past 30+ years it's been regressing to a land of haves and have-nots, where huge concentrations of wealth have the game rigged in their favor by pitting the the little people against one another along racial and social divides and rendering them so dumb, skeered, and angry that they'll vote people like Senator Snowball into office where he can do the Koch's bidding and help screw the bejesus out of them.

Bring on fundamental transformation! BTW, the world, and our Dog-Blessed corner of it is in the process of fundamental transformation whether we like it or not. Who's gonna call the shots?

His executive action re immigration, at the very least, demonstrates his contempt for the nation state generally.

Is it the executive action per se that you don't like? Or the content of the executive action?

Presidents issue executive orders all the time--but not like this. Obama does not have this kind of authority under the Constitution. Of course, if Congress does nothing...

I have no doubt the courts will step in here to an even greater degree than they already have. It's shocking that Obama even thinks he can do this.

I am sooo happy Obama vetoes this piece of crap. Besides obvious environmental hazard this would produce, it would destroy entire maritime shipping in the US. Attached to Keystone was also abolishment of Jones Act. This act requires that all goods transported by water between U.S. ports be carried on U.S.-flag ships, constructed in the United States, owned by U.S. citizens, and crewed by U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents.

So how is the Keystone good for US economy?