Libtards on Parade: Alcoholism, Corruption, Murder

Fairweather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea, I don't live in Tacoma. Never have. Sorry, genius

No you live in Enumclaw. I am sure you had something to do with this: horse sex case

Nope, not Enumclaw. The horse thing is pretty old news; probably, like, everyday stuff back in the home country, eh?

assholekisser preferred his Russian overlords to dress as sheep before they rammed him

Well, obviously conservatives did not connect with Alberta voters, particularly after "royalties calculation error" depriving province off billions of dollars and putting this money into Koch brothers pockets.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/07/canada-federal-conservative-party-alberta-election-reaction

"Incoming Alberta New Democrat premier Rachel Notley, in her first full day on the job, sought to reassure business leaders, saying she would call them and would work with them to build the province. Notley has vowed to raise corporate tax rates and conduct a review of the province’s royalty structure to ensure that Albertans are getting a fair return for their oil and gas resources. Alberta has the world’s third-largest oil reserves, with 170bn barrels of proven reserves."

Looks like things are leaning center-right in a big way. Listening to Brit leftards cry on NPR last night. "Voters just didn't understand our message." No, they understood your message--and rejected it.

Hmmm. Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what were the public's primary voting motivations vs. what is true. I'll be the first to admit I don't have a finger on the pulse of UK politics, but if economics were the main point of the election then, yes, the voters did get it wrong.

The UK has a dismal economy now due in large part to the continued cries of austerity by the Conservatives. The view that budget cutting and cutbacks of government spending - quite contrary to accepted economic theory, as the way to pull the country out of the post-housing recession, has been taken up by the media as a case-in-point fact.

While the US stimulus was small by measure of what was really needed it proved itself a saving grace and by contract our economy is running on nitro. So why did the voters choose the Conservatives again? I'm open to suggestions other than an economic platform.

It's also interesting, in contrast to the US, that even the Conservatives were talking about spending more on the UK health system - just not as much as Labor. The Conservative Party in the UK is analogous to something like Hillary over here.

Well, let's say then "accepted economic theory except on Fox News.

Or if you prefer - let's look at the real world examples. US where we had a modest stimulus at a time when the market was not competing for capital and thus rates were at historic lows - borrowing some money to fend off an economic crisis worked.

In contrast, the UK decided to embark upon a series of austerity measures, drastically cutting their national budget. The result? Anemic economic performance with no end in sight, a spiral of unemployment, drop in consumer spending, and tax revenue -- which leads to what? Oh, I know, more austerity!! So far it has worked to a brilliant failure.

So, naturally, Brits voted for more lethargy? I think not. You're swallowing an MSNBC fantasy.

Maybe they just voted for the US equivalent of Bible thumping, guns, and freedumb - I'm just not well-versed in the culture to know. It's obviously not better dental care.

Not at all. I'm just pointing out that what you're saying makes no sense. The lib's "stupid voter" meme has to cut both ways to be valid.

Oh, I've argued the "stupid voter" excuse is over-played by both sides. Given the facts, however, they aren't obviously voting on economic motivations - least not for the majority of the public. Here in the US it can come down to "other" factors -- a perception of freedom (WTF that means is anyone's guess), social policy (hate the nigras, homos, and baby-killers) or perception of our leaders (...he's a muslim!)

I just don't know what are those factors in the UK to counterbalance a rational look at the economic policy of the past 10 years - which really is no mystery.

Not at all. I'm just pointing out that what you're saying makes no sense. The lib's "stupid voter" meme has to cut both ways to be valid.

Oh, I've argued the "stupid voter" excuse is over-played by both sides. Given the facts, however, they aren't obviously voting on economic motivations - least not for the majority of the public. Here in the US it can come down to "other" factors -- a perception of freedom (WTF that means is anyone's guess), social policy (hate the nigras, homos, and baby-killers) or perception of our leaders (...he's a muslim!)

Comments like this are more revealing about the liberal mind than any sort of broad-based reality. What you seem to say here is that you don't believe voters who disagree with you are stupid, rather, that they must be bigoted, racist, homophobic. :crosseye:

Comments like this are more revealing about the liberal mind than any sort of broad-based reality. What you seem to say here is that you don't believe voters who disagree with you are stupid, rather, that they must be bigoted, racist, homophobic. :crosseye:

Oh, call the WAHambulance already.

Back here on earth, if you could engage in a defense of your original premise, that the UK Conservative party economic policy is a winner - please do.

Lets try to focus on this country. Better yet let try to keep things in state. Here's an example of bad (republican no doubt) thinking

Spokane Local Wants You To Pay The Patriots Deflategate Fine

How about the phrase "we want to help anyway we can." Really? You want to help an outlandishly profitable team owned by a man who probably has a million bucks absentmindedly tucked in the pocket of a fur coat he hasn't worn for a few years? That's where you think people should be spending their money?

i like that british conservatives come off way-less retarded than american conservatives - i don't think the british system is capable of generating a george w? old gee-dub couldn't have lasted 10 minutes of prime ministers question time :)

Back here on earth, if you could engage in a defense of your original premise, that the UK Conservative party economic policy is a winner - please do.

Insults. Good fall back. Whatever, that was not my original premise--the economics angle on the election was yours. And in any event, the whole Keynes-Hayek thang is not likely to be sorted out by you or I.

Insults. Good fall back. Whatever, that was not my original premise--the economics angle on the election was yours. And in any event, the whole Keynes-Hayek thang is not likely to be sorted out by you or I.

Love the irony with Jimbo referring to free-dumb, as if he isn't an example of the adjective following the hyphen.

Translation: I don't have a valid argument.