Libtards on Parade: Alcoholism, Corruption, Murder

Fairweather

OW, your reply just shows how black and white your world really is. The only thing shameful here is your inability to think outside the box you have built around yourself. It's called nuance--and you ain't got any.

[*]War? Does anyone really want it? What's this driver's point?

[*]Gasoline? Does this driver think he/she has purchased absolution with a Prius--such that he can preach to the rest of us?

[*]Free health Care? What freedoms is this driver willing to part with to get it?

[*]Public transportation? See above.

[*]"Choice?" Gotta love libtards who have no problem imposing death on the innocent/unborn--and life for perpetrators of the most horrific crimes imaginable.

[*]"Choice?" v.2 Gotta love libtards who couldn't give a rat's ass about freedom and choice--except on this one topic.

[*]Fun and money. I'll bet you've spent a lot on climbing gear over the years. Nothing wrong with that--unless you see fit to lecture the rest of us on the back of your Prius.

[*]Coexistence is the ideal--if it works for everyone. Unfortunately your "tribe's" idea of it requires the rest of us to accept your other beliefs.

[*]Recall Walker. How'd that work out for your tribe?

In short, OW, you once again disappoint with your myopic worldview and stated sense of self-importance. What you seem to say here is, basically, "if you don't believe what I do, you are a (your words) 'selfish/racist/fascist/the[ist].'"

I mean this in all sincerity when I say that it is troubling to see such a great guy express such a hateful, narrow point of view. There is some in between. Even TTK understands this. How sad that you don't.

war - who wants it? liberals are clearly capable of talking themselves into a good old fashioned war, but the default of conservatives is clearly "fuck'em, the easiest solution is war."

the "healthcare for all" sticker does not feature the word "free" - and do you really lose your freedom to die of polio/cancer/etc under o-care? christ, what "freedom" have you been stripped of?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . but the default of conservatives is clearly "fuck'em, the easiest solution is war."

Hmmm, WWI, Wilson; WWII, FDR; Korea, Truman; Vietnam, JFK/LBJ; Bosnia/Kosovo, Clinton; Libya, Obama.

the "healthcare for all" sticker does not feature the word "free" - and do you really lose your freedom to die of polio/cancer/etc under o-care? christ, what "freedom" have you been stripped of?

It's certainly implied--and the fact that 80-something percent of Obama-care recipients are fully subsidized here in Washington State leads to the conclusion. And don't forget: "If you like the doctor you have, you can keep 'im. If you like the insurance you have. . . "

Fairweather's buddy

[img:center]http://www.thenation.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_node_view_image/tom_cotton_rtr_img_0.jpg[/img]

The Iran War Will Be a Cakewalk

Even if military action were required—and we certainly should have kept the credible threat of military force on the table throughout which always improves diplomacy—the president is trying to make you think it would be 150,000 heavy mechanized troops on the ground in the Middle East again as we saw in Iraq and that’s simply not the case.

It would be something more along the lines of what President Clinton did in December 1998 during Operation Desert Fox. Several days air and naval bombing against Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction facilities for exactly the same kind of behavior. For interfering with weapons inspectors and for disobeying Security Council resolutions.

war - who wants it? liberals are clearly capable of talking themselves into a good old fashioned war, but the default of conservatives is clearly "fuck'em, the easiest solution is war."

Not quite. The conservative argument is actually more like this: "diplomacy doesn't work; these people are a threat; we have to actually do something about it". It's based more on human nature really, just like liberals when they react to a problem by legislation.

For those who already have healthcare they lose more disposable income supporting someone else who is in a dubious position as to whether he or she can actually afford care or is just unwilling to pay for it and wants others to for them. Less disposable income means less freedom to do the things you like to do, less money for retirement, your kids' future, etc.

For those who already have healthcare they lose more disposable income supporting someone else who is in a dubious position as to whether he or she can actually afford care or is just unwilling to pay for it and wants others to for them. Less disposable income means less freedom to do the things you like to do, less money for retirement, your kids' future, etc.

More like less freedom to keep what you produce. "Healthcare for all" is code for "free healthcare." They leave the free part out though or else morons will start to catch on to the fact that its free only for some. Its like congressional Democrats paying taxes, or rather not paying taxes. What they really want is everyone else to pay taxes but they themselves don't want to pay them.

Obamacare was so good it never received passing votes in both chambers. It was also so good that it didn't originate in the House where all tax bills are supposed to originate.

not to let facts get in the way of standard campaign rhetoric, but since the AFA passed per capita health care costs increases have slowed to between 3.6 to 4% per year. there have been numerous articles on this slowdown- not exactly a secret for anyone who picks up a paper on occasion. A number of factors have produced this result- the AFA being one of them.

health care costs were increasing at a rapid rate long before the ACA passed, and, as said, while stil rising, having slowed

the old status quo i have no interest in returning to:

- if your sick you can't get coverage

- if you have coverage and you get sick you get dropped, rates raised, denied service w/o possibility of appeal, etc.

- if you have coverage and get service you get accused of hiding previous conditions and your service retroactively cancelled and bills collectors up your ass to recover the expenses

i don't think anyone's in love w/ obamacare per se - it's a shitty compromise that every liberal hated and every conservative who demanded said compromise immediately ran from when it was accepted - fuck you, you have nothing better to offer but anger :)

The coolest feature of Obamacare is the increasing fine you will get if you don't buy insurance. I am hoping something similar is passed for healthy food and proper housing. I mean, if an ordinary Joe/Jane can't afford to live on the lake, well, hey, they should be made to pay! Even if they have no money, you see.

Of course, the stupid people will never fall for this--so we're gonna have to lie to get it passed. And I mean lie, like, big time.

And while we're at it, let's see if we can collapse the whole system with a few dozen million illegals...

i don't think anyone's in love w/ obamacare per se - it's a shitty compromise that every liberal hated and every conservative who demanded said compromise immediately ran from when it was accepted - fuck you, you have nothing better to offer but anger :)

Umm, methinks your recollection of history is kinda fuzzy math there, Ivan. There was no compromise. Dems had most of the votes--and lied to get the last few they needed.

Frankly, I'd love to keep the parts you mentioned re dropped coverage, pre-existing, refusal to pay, etc. A lot of that last bit is still going on. Admittedly, the old status quo was never free market either. If only you libtards would just stick to regulating--and would stop trying to grab hold of the steering wheel.

this thread is a giant turd.

its like when politics are discussed on this site everyone's IQ drops at least 100 points.

it sucks, because the discussions can actually be pretty good when you're looking for what you have in common vs how you differ. instead it de-evolves into how your opinion is more correct, and how the other party is so wrong and collection of shit bags.

not saying i don't have an opinion, but the joy of discussing that opinion with you guys is gone. I know where each and every one of you stand. I'm not going to change your mind, nor are you likely to change mine (especially the the level of dialogue that transpires here daily).

The coolest feature of Obamacare is the increasing fine you will get if you don't buy insurance..

again, who wanted that? the insurance companies that prevented the last attempt at healthcare reform (hillarycare). they also demanded there be no public option. i'd be very happy to see the former go and later reversed. somehow i doubt that would please anyone on the right...