Libtards on Parade: Alcoholism, Corruption, Murder

Fairweather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to conceive of jay as a reasonable guy - I answered his questions as well I could and would be interested in his response: isn't it hypocritical that one well established nation-station can have nukes but others can't under threat of death? if it is in fact hypocritical, isn't that a problem for a nation like ours that prides itself on its ideals, or are we just to make the old fashioned naked assertion of "might makes right" and be honest about the mere lip-service we offer said ideals?

I have to confess I'm frankly puzzled by the assertion that there's anything in our collective national ideals, either as they are formally recorded in the Constitution/Bill of Rights/etc or informally understood as a set of informal norms that exists in some sort of ideological ether that obliges us to uncritically accept the proposition that we should grant any particular nation unfettered access to the most lethal weaponry ever devised by man - much less states that are unstable, hostile, totalitarian, or any combination of the three.

Can you spell out what actual/tangible principles that you are referring to here that we're violating here? Do these principles apply if we're at war with these same states? What if we have legitimate concerns about their ability to secure them, that they'll be used for etc, etc, etc. How about weapons-systems that we developed but not longer maintain? We developed field-deployable chemical weapons systems. Who are we to deny anyone else the right to develop them and use them as they see fit just because we have chosen to decommission them?

I think that even if Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Thomas Paine spawned a supernatural love-child composed of pure-ideology and had it mate with the collective utopian id hovering over Woodstock the supernatural being hatched from that pairing would scrutinize the idea proposition that our ideals oblige us to grant Iran unfettered access to nukes and say "Huh?" - but I'm willing to hear you out.

It's as simple as a neighborhood. I have a gun. A couple of the neighbors I wave to every morning have guns. The guy down the street probably has a gun but no one is sure. Still, there's no way any of us want that certified crazy fuck in the green house who yells at everyone's kids and says he'd like to wipe certain Ned Flanderszz off the friggin map gettin his hands on a gun. Are we hypocrites? Who cares.

We need to add 'Woodstock' to Godwin's law - to avoid bookin' a ride on the sloooooow boat to joke town.

We mere citizens have no evidence that Iran is even building nuclear weapons, save what our federal government has implied, but then, they have a history of creative story telling in the WMD arena.

If not, nuke power is entirely their prerogative and we are not entitled, emphasis on that word, to say jack about it.

If so - we'd do exactly the same thing - and we did - and we used them on civilians, so this undercuts our moral legitimacy at the negotiating table somewhat.

Personally? I couldn't care less, really. With N Korea, Israel, Russia, China and Pakistan already armed with the Big M 80 - Iran's small potatoes in comparison as far as threats are concerned. Really small potatoes.

But hey, it makes for yet another empty election issue for the GOP's Congressional clown brigade to bang their tassle loafers over. The end game for engaging Iran in negotiation is to bring them back into the international community - a concept that seems to be miles over heads of our less cool headed lawmakers.

Fortunately - they populate neither White House nor State Department. Those jobs are for big people.

Are we hypocrites? Who cares.

an honest answer and appreciated...

...but clearly a viewpoint that can't help but result in our nation being regarded with contempt by the world, as well as undermine everything grand and beautiful about our national ideals.

better to be a live bastard than be virtously dead...i can see why some are in to it, and to some extent every man sees things that way - i choose to try to keep that shit to a minimum.

we were born from an argument, and we'll die in one

bumper-sticker of the day :)

Someone doesn't understand the nuanced relationship between idea and argument. No surprises here.

w/o nuance, nothing is funny, and funny is my whole gawddamn raison de'etre :)

Tangential speech is a communication disorder in which the train of thought of the speaker wanders and shows a lack of focus, never returning to the initial topic of the conversation. It is less severe than Logorrhea and may be associated with the middle stage in dementia. It is, however, more severe than circumstantial speech in which the speaker wanders, but eventually returns to the topic.

Some adults with right hemisphere brain damage may exhibit behavior that includes tangential speech. Those who exhibit these behaviors may also have related symptoms such as seemingly inappropriate or self-centered social responses, and a deterioration in pragmatic abilities (including appropriate eye contact as well as topic maintenance).

It's as simple as a neighborhood. I have a gun. A couple of the neighbors I wave to every morning have guns. The guy down the street probably has a gun but no one is sure. Still, there's no way any of us want that certified crazy fuck in the green house who yells at everyone's kids and says he'd like to wipe certain Ned Flanderszz off the friggin map gettin his hands on a gun. Are we hypocrites? Who cares.

Another quiet day in Fairweather's neighborhood

[img:center]http://mx1.politicususa.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/open-carry-texas.jpg[/img]

[img:center]http://www.arktimes.com/binary/312e/1361380947-opencarry.jpg[/img]

[img:center]http://m5.paperblog.com/i/14/141829/bumpersticker-gun-nut-words-of-stupidity-and--L-fqtdoy.jpeg[/img]