Libtards on Parade: Alcoholism, Corruption, Murder

Fairweather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairweather is the the Tom Cotton of Spray

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/03/15/3633912/tom-cotton-alarmed-capital-iran-controlled-iran/

[img:center]http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/CottonScreenShot-638x358.png[/img]

I'd agree with Off, it takes more time and thought to reply to one of Jay's posts and some of us have to work.

Well fuckin' hell, I was prepared to just lay some slur down on Fairweather and put him down for a nap, but now that Jay has got involved I might have to do some actual research.

So, OW, how's that research comin'? Not sure why you'd waste your time as a change in opinion about much seems highly unlikely. Truth is--and it pains me greatly to say this--the worldview of a certain cc-dot-megloman is considerably more nuanced than your own. Probably more to do with nurture than nature--but who knows.

Again, I hope your research goes well and you afford Jay all the respect he's been shown here by other libtards. :tup:

Oh, here's a good idea:

When you disagree with the President's foreign policy invite heads of state of foreign nations to address Congress to tell us what to do, and when that doesn't work send a letter to heads of state with whom the President is negotiating informing them that he doesn't really have the authority to negotiate deals.

Both effective and classy - not!

Nice work Rs!

Well fuckin' hell, I was prepared to just lay some slur down on Fairweather and put him down for a nap, but now that Jay has got involved I might have to do some actual research. Oh, you rotten bastard, some of us have to work!

I'm not sure if it qualifies as research or not, but if you're interested in the topic you can score a used copy of Michael Maren's book on Amazon for a penny + shipping. I can't say it'll be an enjoyable read, but I found it engrossing and illuminating when I read it ~15 years ago.

It deals more with the unintended consequences of funneling fungible goods into a tribal/civil war-zone than precisely how Somalia devolved from a patch of her Brittanic Majesty's turf where you could enjoy high tea on a veranda overlooking the sea to a squalid hell-hole of the highest caliber in ~10 years, but it covers the broad strokes of the events that catalyzed the civil war, and it's fair to say that the classical liberalism espoused by the likes of Friedman and Hayek had little or no influence on the folks who presided over that endeavor.

That's very helpful feedback that I'll give every bit of consideration that the author's standing as a practitioner of both arts warrants.

Having said that, may I say that I'm personally *very* disappointed to see that you overlooked this opportunity to highlight the many obvious connections that your personal engagement in civil rights advocacy - including, but not limited to giving presentations to high-school students - and all of the insights derived therein have given you into the civic history of late 20th century Somalia in general and the role that the communist military coup in particular played in the genesis of that history in particular. They're every bit as clear as the other pretexts that have been used for that purpose in the past, so I hope that you'll re-think your reticence to call attention to them and commence pointing them out, post haste.

Wow, what a week you tards had! noway

Speaking of Tards (libtard or conservatards), did you see this one Fair(andbalanced) weather? http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/aaron-schock-resigns-116153.html

http://news.yahoo.com/congressman-aaron-schock-to-resign--report-183223696.html

"Illinois Rep. Aaron Schock is resigning from Congress.

The 33-year-old Congressman made the announcement amid controversy over his alleged unethical spending of campaign contributions and taxpayer money."