This is lame

glassgowkiss

So some unknown guy from Iran shows up and wins ABS. Show some frigging class Daniel Woods. Sorry, but you behaved like a tool, in front of everyone to see. Yes, no doubt you are strong, but you behaved like a total d-bag.

And btw, why are commentators NOT interviewing a winner? Again- totally lame and uncalled for. Maybe you should have done some due diligence beforehand and find out about each and every competitor, so you are not caught with your pants down.

Read and video link

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what a class act- NOT. Tossing your award at the end, like it meant nothing was really showing his character. Broadcasters said, they did not interview the winner, because he did not speak english. A guy who doesn't speak english understood the rules, but Daniel Woods did not- what a lame ass excuse. How about saying someone else just climb better?

Yeah, what a class act- NOT. Tossing your award at the end, like it meant nothing was really showing his character. Broadcasters said, they did not interview the winner, because he did not speak english. A guy who doesn't speak english understood the rules, but Daniel Woods did not- what a lame ass excuse. How about saying someone else just climb better?

That's because climbers are wankers ;)

Similar thing happened a few years ago when Juli Wurm blew away the entire US field, including Puccio. But she was much better known and is a cute female and they interviewed her. Bottom line: US climbers other than Puccio don't hold a candle to the folks who compete in the World Cup comps.

Similar thing happened a few years ago when Juli Wurm blew away the entire US field, including Puccio. But she was much better known and is a cute female and they interviewed her. Bottom line: US climbers other than Puccio don't hold a candle to the folks who compete in the World Cup comps.

No Rad...different issue here. Woods was pissy because of the new scoring system didn't favor him. The one top that Mohammad had was worth "more" because no one else could do it.

Julianne beat Pooch under the old scoring system.

The WC guys are not "better" than woods...Muhommad is not a top notch WC guy...Woods is as strong as them but doesn't have a ton of comp experience...

watched the last vid bit that the link took me to, fail to see the outrage. nothing but woods saying he wished the rules wouldn't change, congratulated mohammed on problem 3....

what's the big deal? and don't ask me to watch more please!

regarding americans on the international bouldering comp scene: i think webb is the only one who might have a chance right now on a regular basis, and i think even that is a big maybe. what i'm curious about is if sharafutdinov can win again, and if ondra (i think he's doing the boulder circuit?) can be beat.

watched the last vid bit that the link took me to, fail to see the outrage. nothing but woods saying he wished the rules wouldn't change, .

All I heard was "blah blah, they changed the format, blah blah, they changed the rules, blah blah wah wah."

I guess football is officially over!

This is a deal with competitive sports, based upon one time performance: ANYONE can win with ANYONE on any given day. It's true and proven on so many occasions. And at some point you WILL GET DE-TRONED. That happened to Woods.

His interview was a prime example of a sore loser speaking.

There is a quote from Joseph Conrad that basically says: some people go through life feeling good about themselves- it's because they have never been challenged. Woods was finally challenged, and mentally he did not raised to the task.

Maybe he should hire a coach? What other sport has no coaching, eh? Even Ondra has a coach now. Also he might have to choose between climbing on plastic and climbing outside on natural rock. But every time an athlete trying to explain his/her loss and blame the rules will simply look like a sore loser- end of story.

Watched all 3 hours of the finals (because it's too wet to be outside). Woods looked like a poor loser on the podium, not smiling and never raised his trophy for the camera. He wasn't dethroned because it was a national comp and Mohammed was a foreigner. So Woods was champion but 2nd place in the comp.

Mohammed won because one of the problems he sent was rated higher (V15?) than all the others and he was the only one to send it. Woods would have won last year because the rules were based on how high you got on each problem regardless of rating, and he got higher on the ones he didn't send.

The camera work was amateur, they didn't even show Mohammed's winning send, a sick thin climb with multiple mono-digit holds which Woods got nowhere on. Instead some close up of some chick who wasn't even climbing at the time and didn't make the podium.

The funniest part of the whole event was the last men's problem had a crack and not even half the guys knew how to jam. And the ones that did had no calluses and ended up with their hands all scraped up.

That Alex Puccio is fun to watch, she sent all 4 problems and they were hard. She dominated unlike the mens which was very close.

This is a deal with competitive sports, based upon one time performance: ANYONE can win with ANYONE on any given day. It's true and proven on so many occasions. And at some point you WILL GET DE-TRONED. That happened to Woods.

His interview was a prime example of a sore loser speaking.

There is a quote from Joseph Conrad that basically says: some people go through life feeling good about themselves- it's because they have never been challenged. Woods was finally challenged, and mentally he did not raised to the task.

Maybe he should hire a coach? What other sport has no coaching, eh? Even Ondra has a coach now. Also he might have to choose between climbing on plastic and climbing outside on natural rock. But every time an athlete trying to explain his/her loss and blame the rules will simply look like a sore loser- end of story.

I support your right to get up in arms about climbers getting up in arms.

btw it's "DE-TRONNED". you forgot the extra "N".

if rule changes are so upsetting, then how about these folks just go climb outside, where there are no rules.

while I am sure there are exceptions, comps lack spirit and camaraderie. When climbing with friends, why would I get upset when my friend climbs something I can't? (usual for my climbing days)