Partners for a potential full year of travelling

Matt Lemke

OK so here's what's going down. Due to the extremely low gas prices, it looks like I may be done working for quite some time. I am planning to take full advantage of this since I have some money saved up, and am looking for people who want to join me for parts of this year for multiple big trips. I'll describe briefly what I am hoping to accomplish this year and if anyone is at all interested in any of it please let me know :)

Note that I am not a hardman climber! I can lead 5.9 rock at best and am VERY conservative regarding avalanches, icefalls and other objective hazards. I am mainly interested in moderate alpine climbs anywhere from easy hiking/scrambling to AI/WI 3 or 5.9. I am going to be spending lots of time in the next few weeks researching what sounds cool so the lists below are by no means set in stone. Underlined interests are ones I am very inclined to make happen and are the top of my list!

Late February/March/early April - Chile and Argentina. Mountaineering interests include: Tronador, Osorno, Cerro San Francisco, Nevado el Plomo, Volcan San Jose, Nevado Juncal, Volcan Yates, Volcan Lanin and many more. Climbing interests include: A route on Cerro Trinidad in Cochamo...perhaps this one --> http://www.summitpost.org/fa-send-it-like-santa-trinidad-vally-cochamo-chile/785833

May/June - Alaska Mountaineering. Mountaineering interests include: Mount Foraker, Mount Brooks, Mount Silverthorne, Mount Russell, and any one of the hundreds of scramble peaks in the western Chugatch range or along the Kenai peninsula. Climbing interests include: Arrigetch Peaks in the Brooks Range... Moderate multi-pitch routes (Late June-Early July).

July - British Columbia and or Alberta. Primary interests include: Mount Waddington, Gimli Peak South Ridge, Bugaboo Spire, Mount Sir Donald, Mount Robson, Mount Assinoboine, Mount Temple, Mount Athabasca, MANY more.

August/September - WA Cascades, ID Sawtooths/Lost River Range, Montana Beartooths, Wind River Range. Primary interests include: Mox Peaks/Chilliwack Bulgers (early August), Mount Goode, basically any WA Bulger, Bears Tooth, Mount Wood, Borah Peak, Gannett Peak, Cirque of the Towers Traverse...MANY more.

October - Sierra Nevadas. Don't know much yet

December/January 2016 - Chile. Plans for this trip are already set

Again, this is just a brainstorm of ideas. I am down for almost anything within my skill and risk level except Denali, or any of the crazy mountains in the St. Elias area. Also, the primary locations for each time period are also open to change.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic