Scarpa Rebel Carbon re-sole

NDrake

After two solid seasons of summer climbing the sole on my rebel carbons has worn through right at the toe/rand. I know Scarpa NA stopped selling these in the states in 13, but it appears that they may still be produced for Europe.

Has anyone else had these re-soled? Were you able to get the original carbon shank sole sourced?

rebel_carbon_wear.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be ignorant but damn that is some impressive wear for a boot. those were either extremely SOLID climbing summers or you kick rocks and drag your toes when you walk.

I would say to either talk or send these photos to Dave Page cobblers in freemont area. They may have lost the favor with the rock resoles but they still do a good job on boots.

That's a bummer. My Carbon Rebels did the same thing after a couple seasons. I thought the boot failed prematurely compared to the use I have gotten out of other Scarpa boots. A drag because it was a really comfortable high performance shoe. I had water pouring in through the same size holes in the toe box on my last trip out with them. I probably should have sent them back to Scarpa but threw them in the dumpster instead.

Edited by sepultura

Decent of use, typically 2-3 climbs a month during the summer the last two years. Still expected to get a little more use out of them. Wish I hadn't used them on conditioning hikes now, cheap trail runners would be a better idea. I think it was pivoting on holds that did them in around the rand though.

Seems that a few people have the same result sepultura. If I can't get these repaired I'll probably end up ordering another pair from somewhere in Europe. Everything else (that fits my foot) feels like a clunky pair of clown shoes compared to these.

• 3 months later...

Thought I would follow up on this one for anyone searching. When I called Dave Page's shop they *thought* there were some 43 mulaz soles kicking about, but only one or two left. I went to remove the laces from these and clean them up first, realized that all the webbing lace loops were nearly worn clean through. Decided it wasn't worth spending $80 on a resole for a boot that I won't be able to lace up by July.

Ended up buying a pair of the new rebel pros. The little bit of insulation did add some nice padding for the tongue (one poor point of the rebel carbon). The rubber sticking out for a toe welt is going to really going to kill that great feel that the carbons had on rock though.