BD Cobra ice tool on descent from Lane

David S.

I lost a Black Diamond Cobra ice tool somewhere between the Lane-Denman saddle and the Narada Falls parking lot, probably in the brushy gully on descent from the saddle but possibly on the steep hill just above the parking lot (it was dark and foggy so although I went back to look I could easily have missed it). It may be gone for all time since we were not on the best descent route and I imagine it will be covered by the next snow fall, but hey, worth a shot, right? I'll call the rangers as well in case someone finds it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, okay, thanks Aaron. I'm sure it's impossibly hidden in the brush wherever it is.

The Zipper looked like May. A mix of slush, dry rock, and some decent snow and ice. Certainly climbable, but prepare for a lot of dry tooling and overall pucker factor. Bring rock pro. That said we stopped at the entrance so it might be better higher up. Even the Fly required a couple rock moves. It was a very weird day... It was 40 degrees when we climbed so colder weather might make it better.