What'll happen when Tommy sends and Kevin doesn't?

Rad

I heard they scaled it by clutching nubs.

"they relied entirely on their own strength and dexterity to ascend by grasping cracks as thin as razor blades and as small as dimes."

"They also took physical punishment when their grip would slip, pitching them into long, swinging falls that left them bouncing off the rock face. The tumbles, which they called "taking a whipper," ended in startling jolts from their safety ropes."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bizarre media circus indeed! abc news this afternoon reports that two climbers have free-climbed El Capitan -- and I quote:

"it had never been done before!" the report is obviously grossly inaccurate. El Cap has been free climbed thousands of times by numerous routes (East Buttress, West Face, Salathe Wall, Nose, etc) should Tommy and Kevin be held accountable for what their agents report? I'd like to be impressed, but I'm too busy being disgusted.

Yeah this evil media circusry never would have happened during the purity of the Golden Age.

denny_el_cap.jpg

bizarre media circus indeed! abc news this afternoon reports that two climbers have free-climbed El Capitan -- and I quote:

"it had never been done before!" the report is obviously grossly inaccurate. El Cap has been free climbed thousands of times by numerous routes (East Buttress, West Face, Salathe Wall, Nose, etc) should Tommy and Kevin be held accountable for what their agents report? I'd like to be impressed, but I'm too busy being disgusted.

Yeah this evil media circusry never would have happened during the purity of the Golden Age.

denny_el_cap.jpg

let your own mind make it what it was to you. One thing to be sure of is that those who "do things" can not be responsible for the media coverage that follows them.

well, theres media circuses and then theres douche circuses. Back to laughing at schizophrenic tutorials i reckon. good luck with that CC.

i feel quite capable of doing both :)

i always get a hoot out of the media covering something i have more intimate knowledge of then they, see? gives you a new perspective on what you hear from then about shit you nothing of :P

Maybe I sounded snide in previous posts.

Actually, I find this inspiring on several levels. Let's all get off the computer and go find our own personal Dawn Walls (minus the tweeting film crew) and grow our balls character to epic proportions! Or maybe just watch the Seahawks tear apart the Packers while we pray for enough snow in the mountains to go snowboarding!

Actually, I find this inspiring on several levels. Let's all get off the computer and go find our own personal Dawn Walls (minus the tweeting film crew) and grow our balls character to epic proportions! Or maybe just watch the Seahawks tear apart the Packers while we pray for enough snow in the mountains to go snowboarding skiing!

Fixed one minor error, otherwise :tup:

I heard they scaled it by clutching nubs.

"they relied entirely on their own strength and dexterity to ascend by grasping cracks as thin as razor blades and as small as dimes."

"They also took physical punishment when their grip would slip, pitching them into long, swinging falls that left them bouncing off the rock face. The tumbles, which they called "taking a whipper," ended in startling jolts from their safety ropes."

FUCKING LIBERAL MEDIA!

Maybe I sounded snide in previous posts.

Actually, I find this inspiring on several levels. Let's all get off the computer and go find our own personal Dawn Walls (minus the tweeting film crew) and grow our balls character to epic proportions! Or maybe just watch the Seahawks tear apart the Packers while we pray for enough snow in the mountains to go snowboarding!

Tear apart the Packers. Check. Now on to the #DawnWall

• 4 weeks later...