When the going gets tough, the tough go climbing

catbirdseat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn...smart stuff. Crap, now people with real skills (read: not web developers and dot commers) are getting layed off.

C'mon, JoshK, why so pissed at dot-commers? Is someone an idiot for getting a high-paying job with an Internet company between 1996 and 2000? Lots of smart people have been getting laid off from those dot-coms for years now. Your concern is a bit too late.

No, but someone is an idiot for ditching school or a good stable job to take a high paying job at a dot com who claims their business model is going to be selling <insert dumb product here> over the internet. Lots of people I know took it for granted that they'd always be able to get easy jobs with high pay requiring no skills.

Lets get back to what's really important mid-week climbing. Dot-com jobs should be thought of as gateway gigs. Gateway to more free time. All kidding aside, I'm surprised at how many of my friends who were bitten by the dot-com snake found new jobs relatively quickly. We won't discuss salaries...