I need some beta on Rambles approach!

eyesonice

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on which direction you came from - but I'll give you some help, from Lillooet travel sw on hwy 99 about 17 miles , maybe 30 minutes (it's actually about 2hrs from Whistler) - but you'd know that much already being there. You'll see a bunch of cars parked in a small area next to the hwy, just on the 'left side' - across from the foot bridge. I mean this place is like the "Exit 38" of I-90, you should see a line up.

Then the approach heads straight up the hill from the car - hiking varies depending on if you do Rambles Left, right or center. It's about 150-300 meteres up from the hwy (look way up)- it's not one of those 'jump out of the car and belay', it's a ways up off the road. Almost sounds to vague, like Beckey - but that's all you do, hike straight up. I'm sure the Canuck's on this site have a more defined approach or photos.

You can get some photos on-line; just Google Rambles Ice.

PArk on the west side of the road. Walk a bit up and down, the ice is, or should be visible from the road. The large looking flows way up high are Rambles Right.

Cross the road where the east side is flat and boulders start just to the left. Walk winding your way up keeping slightly left (north) but primarily up. If there are no prints you will find yourself bushwacking, do not get discouraged. once cannot hike up anymore you are bound to see ice. HTH...

• 2 weeks later...