Thank you

olyclimber

Pardon my sentimental screed, but:

I was just going through some stuff, moving things around during a remodel and I came across a stack of papers, stuff printed out and given to me by a friends who printed things out for me when I was in the hospital back in 2007 with an infection in my arm. There were cards from people I had never met (in person), or had only met a few times. There were cards from good friends I have to this day. There were drawings from your kids wishing a quick recovery. I was in a terrible state that time, not sure if I was going to lose my arm or die, drugged up and reduced to baby when it comes to bodily functions. Anyway, those cards, letters, and drawings really helped me remember that it isn't all about me, and what was really important.

So I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me get through that time. I know CC.com isn't the busiest place right now...it has always had its ebbs and flows, and who knows what the future holds. But I sincerely hope that it continues on as a valuable database, but more importantly as a community that supports each other.

wellwish.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, sorry about the thread drift. My bad.

Oh yes, I'll be there. Was just at the base of El Cap last week. Floor temps were 14 at night. Pretty chilly during the day.

Lemmeno when you're gonna be down again.

BTW mister Olyclimber- I know what it's like to be hospitalized with tubes in every orifice and some in places where no orifice existed before they made one to ram things in to. No fun. I remember thinking that this must be what dying in a hospital is like. I treasure the things people sent me during that time including a quilt where all the 35 people that work for me made a beautiful square and then sewed it together. Made me cry when I got it. Still does when I look at it.

Live life as though someone left the gate open. Life’s journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting “Holy Shit....What a ride!

Edited by stillcrankin