Post Holiday Poundage

catbirdseat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah josh, it was a no summit, and once again i didn't even set foot on the ledges (nor even ever get a view up to the beehive)...however, just reaching muir felt like quite an accomplishment as rmi spent a whole week failing to do it and it only took us 2 1/2 days, only to spend 2 days seriously wondering just how much stronger the wind would need to get before the hut collapsed...hoping to get some pics from me friends soon, one is a classic video, what appears to be an astronaut emerging into a 70 mph snowy-breeze to take a shit, but only after grabbing onto a fixed line with one hand and an axe in the other, still managing to get blown over, wallowing up a 10 foot snowdrift that formed overnight in front of the john, then proudly posing atop said drift only to be hammered again....

good times

I tried to put on weight preparatory to ice climbing Rockies but was only moderately successful HOWEVER, eating burgers cheeburga_ron.gif and beer in pub every night, plus munchie sessions frying up bacon at 1 AM, put on some poundage WHILE iceclimbing. Also sleeping inside warm rooms instead of outside in the cold probably helped the calorie conservation.

BUT: 1 15 hour day of mountaineering on Friday, consuming only 2 sticks of HCL.gif, 1 energy bar, some cookies and a few sunflower seeds plus a fruit & nut bar, did WONDERS. I musta lost 10 lbs. I bet half of it was dehydration though.