NZ Guidebooks/beta

Have about a month left before a trip to NZ and we're still trying to track down some guidebooks or additional beta than is readily available online for Aoraki/Mt. Cook, the Darrans, and general cragging. Our plans are definitely flexible and will be tailored based on weather and logistics.

If anyone is willing to loan/rent any south island NZ guidebooks during the month of January, that would be totally rad and much appreciated. Libraries don't seem to be much help at this point and we'd love to get some more ideas together before departing.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want to know? For general cragging, Rock Deluxe (SI) is the guidebook to get. The newest edition should be out by January. For the darrans and mount cook, order the NZAC guidebooks for the darrans and mount cook respectively. NZ alpine guidebooks do not give very much detail at all. Something like the zubriggin's ridge on cook might get 2 sentences.

I live in Wanaka. Let me know if I can help with anything.

G

• 4 weeks later...