Right wing lunacy

glassgowkiss

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, Colbert is funny. But if you are a conservative who is incapable of laughing at yourself, I could see why you wouldn't be a fan. The whole Colbert brand of humor seems to have been a reaction to the Bill O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and other far right wing shock boys.

Never been a fan of Letterman or Franken.

But of course its worth mentioning that we're just talking about our personal opinions here. And I personally do think it is possible to be partisan and be funny, and I do think that it is something that conservatives fail to do for what ever reason. I wouldn't describe them as bitter though...just not funny to me...and apparently to most people.

I suppose you don't care for George Carlin or Louis CK either.

Carlin is of course funny. And he tells some good fart jokes - which, bottom line have nothing to do with partisanship. WE all fart ;-)

comedy is inherently liberal b/c comedy is inherently questioning of the established nature of things - to make fun of a thing is to suggest it should be changed, and change is the mantra of liberals

That's such a crock Ivan. Comedy is not inherently liberal, and making fun of things as they are - or simply making day-to-day observations funny - doesn't mean you are going to change them or attempt to.

So much of humor is about making fun of people, relationships - nothing to do with politics. And as I mention elsewhere there's always great fart jokes :-) And scatalogical humor, blue humor, insult humor (Rickels, anyone?) joking about racial stereotypes and race relations.

i'm not trying to lay out an earth-shattering philosophy here, it's just a pet theory you're free (and perhaps inevitably) to discard

obviously professional comedians are strongly inclined towards liberal points of view and liberal politics as has been shown by the large # of names immediately at hand - furthermore, satirists (the historic fore-runners of modern stand-up comedians) have also been noted for their anti-establishment natures

I don't think "libs" have a stranglehold on the concept of comedy, nor is comedy by definition inherently "lib". Its just that at least in the recent past (at least the past 20 years where I've been aware of comedians), the most successful ones (based on popularity and following) are definitely libtards

[video:youtube]8xiKqowqbOk

Easy to list them. Go ahead and list all the wildly popular right wing comedians.

But yes, comedy its self is not a partisan thing.

I don't think "libs" have a stranglehold on the concept of comedy, nor is comedy by definition inherently "lib". Its just that at least in the recent past (at least the past 20 years where I've been aware of comedians), the most successful ones (based on popularity and following) are definitely libtards

[video:youtube]8xiKqowqbOk

Easy to list them. Go ahead and list all the wildly popular right wing comedians.

But yes, comedy its self is not a partisan thing.

My wife and I damn near died laughing the day we saw Mr Carlin at the Orpheum Theater waayyy back in the mid '70s... Thought I mighta broke a rib. I was sore next day...

RIP George.

d

Political correctness is a righty strawman, of course. It's an excuse for bad behavior in the form of real discrimination - against gays, women, minorities, immigrants, and religions other than Christianity.

Just another 'they did that, so I can do this' line of argument, familiar to any parent with young children.

Merry Christmas, hefty man.

to the hyperdefensive, all the world gives offense

Absolutely. Political Correctness. Thanks American libs!

I find anyone who is against PC to be either ignorant of the word or just an ass.

PC=political ccorrectness=demonstrating progressive ideals, esp by avoiding vocabulary that is considered offensive, discriminatory, or judgmental, esp concerning race and gender

avoiding saying things that are offensive to others is a bad thing? regarding the feelings of others is a weakness or un-American? if the answer is yes, then you are an ass.

I guess I just might have hurt someone's feelings. oh well.

I had no particular person in mind. It wasn't an attack on FW. I just find the anti PC thing very uncivilized and interesting.

It is interesting that most people are PC when in face to face conversations yet in the Internet, all form of civility is stripped away. Especially considering we are all members of a fairly small community.

It is interesting that most people are PC when in face to face conversations yet in the Internet, all form of civility is stripped away.

ha! i'm much the opposite - i use the n**** word like it's going out of style around my friends in person, but not here on the interwebz b/c its guarenteed to get taken the wrong way :)

The beauty of American liberal-inspired PC, of course, is that liberals typically exempt themselves from the very rules they create for everyone else. Below are some examples from this week alone. Gene, I'd hate to hear what you & yours talk about in private.

over 90% of vaginas vote Democrat

much like watching a ward-full of retards trying to hump a door-knob i reckon :grin:

faggoty euro-symbol thisaways :{=

libtard

i suckled on george carlin's tit as a young lad and have naught to add to his brilliant eloqation on the subject of free speech - i do not now, nor have i ever, advocated for pc language - anyone who's seen me speak around my own children can attest to that :)

i have always, and will always, abide by the mantra of r.lee.emery in full metal jacket: "there will be no racial bigotry here...here you are all equally worthless" :)

The beauty of American liberal-inspired PC, of course, is that liberals typically exempt themselves from the very rules they create for everyone else. Below are some examples from this week alone. Gene, I'd hate to hear what you & yours talk about in private.

PC is a bi partisan trait. you don't have be affiliated with a party to be respectful to others. not sure why you are so bent on broad brush strokes and generalizations that are not true.

BTW, you have never met me yet you seem to have a rigorous idea of me. Maybe if you asked questions instead of proclamations, you may learn something.