Right wing lunacy

glassgowkiss

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically some loonies here think preventing people with history of violence, mental illness or with criminal record from obtaining a firearm, somehow is infringing on your right to firearms? If you are none of that- nothing have changed for you, you can still purchase one. But on a side note, if it's your position, then please check your fucking head, because in your blind lunacy you completely lost logic and reason.

Back to the topic, firearms will not help you while captured and tortured by CIA in a middle of the ocean.

Gun control is a dead issue. Kinda like abortion. Settled, like it or not. The debate is over; the status quo is the equilibrium of a long, long discussion. Heller sealed it. If you want to affect change at this point, amend the Constitution. (Good luck with that.) Otherwise, save your breath.

I beg to differ. This debate is far from over.

Heller, was precedent setting, and narrow in scope. Ended up far from "settling" anything, except a person's "right" to possess a handgun in one's home for self defense. As a gun owner, and advocate of more controls to protect society from the growing problem of indiscriminate gun violence in America I've found a couple books enlightening.

I recommend "Uncertain Justice: The Roberts Court and the Constitution" by Laurence Tribe and Joshua Matz for more insight into not only Heller, but a very interesting look into the current Supreme Court.

Another good read on the second amendment is "The Second Amendment A Biography" by Michael Waldman. It addresses a lot of the "points" of the pro gun crowd that throw around words like "tyranny", and "my constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms" to include military assault type weaponry &c &c...

d

Is that why you led with the gun related insults? Just a few seconds on gun control advocacy social media sites clearly demonstrates there is a vitriolic us vs. them mentality. Gun control is demonstrably about more than just controlling violence.

Yep, right on point. Of course our resident sociopath leads off any debate with insults, fills them in the middle, and closes 'em out with the same.

Q: What's the best way to get the right wing to care about Muslim lives?

A: Have Obama kill some

In the same vein they never gave two shakes over a gay man's life and manner of death until they had the Benghazi embassy thing to puff up. Spare me the crocodile tears...

Hilarious. Of course nobody that is right of center could possibly care about, or be saddened by the following news stories:

Yemen violence

Pakistan violence

Really this kind of partisan finger pointing and attribution of how someone else "truly feels" got tiresome and sickening years ago. Shame on you, OW.

5K, it is my interpretation of the actions and statements of assorted conservative talking heads and legislative members. They're concerned about Obama's use of drones and the death of innocent Muslim civilians, but think that torture and death of innocent Muslims under the Bush administration was justified and useful? Hey, go ahead and pretend the emperor is fully clothed, but don't be shaking your finger at me for pointing out the obvious.

Yeah, yeah, "the right wing" is a broad brush, and it was a cheap joke, not a shaggy dog story, so a bunch of qualifying blabbage about who in particular I include in that description, and a qualifier that of course I don't mean my dear friend KaskadyskyjKozak would mess with the flow of my soundbite.

Of course you can buy guns if you are white. If you are black we will kill you, even if you are a 12 year old with a toy gun in the playground. We will also kill you, after you purchase an air rifle from wallmart, right in the parking lot. Yea, some posters here apply second amendment gun right very selectively.

Returning to the original topic- why there is no real investigation in CIA torture case?

5K, it is my interpretation of the actions and statements of assorted conservative talking heads and legislative members. They're concerned about Obama's use of drones and the death of innocent Muslim civilians, but think that torture and death of innocent Muslims under the Bush administration was justified and useful?

The killing of innocents vs. the guilty (or presumed to be) is generally a difference folks can readily see and feel about differently. You can simultaneously be appalled by civilians being gunned down in a public place, and favor the shooting down of an armed gunman and not be a hypocrite. Really, I need to explain this?

In any case your reasoning above at least is less inflammatory and more sensible than the previous statement disguised as a joke. But, I guess due to being habituated to this tactic and style by your political comrade I mistakenly conflated you with him. I know you are in general a more reasoned person, so my bad.

damn, sounds like the only way to get this all sorted is pistols at dawn :)

I'm hoping for a Burr-Hamilton reenactment. :argue:

And whom, pray tell, do you wish to play the part of Hamilton? :-)

does it matter that burr was the bigger asshole? :)

holy shit, tvashie might not be much cherished 'roooooound here, but he does win the award for emoticon of the day - i am the walrus - :€(

Q: What's the best way to get the right wing to care about Muslim lives?

A: Have Obama kill some

In the same vein they never gave two shakes over a gay man's life and manner of death until they had the Benghazi embassy thing to puff up. Spare me the crocodile tears...

Not sure you understand the counter point, which is the hypocrisy of the left and your messiah's endless preaching about values as he behaves at least as badly as his predecessor. This Senate torture report was about politics--a last swipe at Bush before democrats spend the next two years (at least) in exile. Nothing more. As for Benghazi and gays, please explain. No friggin idea what you're babbling on about there.

5K, it is my interpretation of the actions and statements of assorted conservative talking heads and legislative members. They're concerned about Obama's use of drones and the death of innocent Muslim civilians, but think that torture and death of innocent Muslims under the Bush administration was justified and useful? Hey, go ahead and pretend the emperor is fully clothed, but don't be shaking your finger at me for pointing out the obvious.

Which legislators are you talking about, specifically?

I'm not disputing their existence, but the only Republicans that I can think of off of the top of my head that have been taking vocal anti-drone positions are guys like Rand Paul, who wasn't even in office when GWB was at the helm - and at least in Paul's case, seems to have been a non-interventionist for all of his adult life.

Anyhow - is your claim here that only the right finds convenient excuses for violations of their ideals when they're part of the means to an end that they believe justifies them?

Seems like that'd be a tough argument to carry very far unless we strike the entire history of of the left's, err...concessions...on behalf of various regimes pursuing collectivist ends to their logical conclusion from the time of Robespierre to the present, no?