Partners for Rainier's Liberty Cap in Dec

Mike Lewis

Hey I'm looking for someone interested in going up Liberty Cap this December if we get any good weather windows. I know it's early winter so I'd put success around 50% but it'd be nice to give it a try. I've been up Rainier once and had a few attempts since then with the most recent being in April. We turned around then because of too much loose snow on our route. I admit, don't know what conditions are right now with limited reports but I expect extreme cold, deep snow and thin snow bridges. I'd like to capitalize on my permit before it expires. A team of 3 or more would be ideal for safe travel.

It would be nice to do a z-pulley/snowcave/snowpit refresher as a group before the climb (I know it's lame but I like to be certain we work together). It seems to me that glacier travel is particularly dangerous this time of year. Check Mike Lewis my profile page on SummitPost.org for my history. Send me a pm if you're interested or just reply here for a general discussion. I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by Mike Lewis

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. I've got 4 people interested now. Probably shouldn't add too much more at this point unless we plan to go as two teams of 3. I'd like to start exchanging information to see if we all agree on a plan so send me an email at unsupersmith@gmail.com so we can all be a part of the conversation.