• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
christensent

Double Boots Bigger Than Baruntse

I have size 45 baruntse boots that are long enough for my feet, but not wide enough or tall enough around the 5th metatarsal. I've had them bumped out and up numerous times and they won't hold any more push. They're not even close to big enough (they've never been great, but my feet have grown wider over the last year or two, and I imagine the boots shrank as every mountaineering boot I've ever owned has except the Nepal). I can sort of get them to work with thin wool socks with no liner socks, super thin 2.5mm insoles, and loosely tying the lower half. But it's just not good.

Does anyone know of a double that is specifically much higher volume than the Baruntse? These have destroyed too many trips.