[TR] Linsey Warren - Bulger 100 Highest Retrospective - 11/11/2014

lukeh

Trip: Linsey Warren - Bulger 100 Highest Retrospective -

Date: 11/11/2014

Trip Report:

My friend Linsey recently became the youngest person to climb the 100 highest peaks in Washington. She finished on Saturday, Sep 27th 2014 on Windy Peak. Windy Peak is remote, but accessible enough that her parents could join her in the celebration at the summit. I brought my camera along with Linsey on several memorable climbs including Mt. Baker (3rd highest), Mt. Fernow (8th), Buckner (11th), and Horseshoe (60th).

Linsey followed the Bulger List, put together by an ambitious group of climbers in the late 70s (see history). Rus Kroeker was the first to climb all 100 in 1980 and since then less than 50 others have duplicated the feat.

This year Linsey gets added to that short list with a special distinction of being the youngest (age 27).

Past blog entries including stories/details about these climbs:

Buckner/Horseshoe (Epic!) | Fernow | Baker

LinseySelect-1.jpg

LinseySelect-2.jpg

LinseySelect-3.jpg

LinseySelect-4.jpg

LinseySelect-5.jpg

LinseySelect-6.jpg

LinseySelect-7.jpg

LinseySelect-8.jpg

LinseySelect-9.jpg

LinseySelect-10.jpg

LinseySelect-11.jpg

LinseySelect-12.jpg

LinseySelect-13.jpg

LinseySelect-14.jpg

LinseySelect-15.jpg

LinseySelect-16.jpg

LinseySelect-17.jpg

LinseySelect-18.jpg

LinseySelect-19.jpg

LinseySelect-20.jpg

This last pic was taken by Linsey's parents Windy Peak (her 100th peak).

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job. I was active climbing many of the unvisited peaks in the Holden, Lake Chelan area is the late 70s and early 80s. The rare name we saw in a summit register was some guy named Russ Kroker (sp) with a group called the Bulgers. Having never heard of that group it was somewhat of a mystery to us who this guy was, who the group was and why are they climbing all these obscure peaks? My hat is off to you. The peaks may not be highly technical but they sure offer full value approaches and the need for well rounded alpine skills. The dresses fool no one - you are an animal.