Freeze-Thaw

Lambone

While climbing at Index today warm gusts of air kept blowing in from out of nowhere. There is so little snow on Mt. Index it looks like summer.

Go rock climb! Forget the ice... for now.

Seriously, t-shirt weather at Index in January with dry rock-- can't beat it.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SKISPORTS...WITH THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE I DUNNO WHAT TO TELL YOU....

I WENT TO THE ROCKIES AND CLIMBED ICE IN CALI....BUT SHIT MAN...CLIMBING WITH NO SHIRT IN JANUARY CANNOT BE BEAT...

AND THAT IS WHY INDEX IS THE BEST SINGLE CRAG IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!!

AND SO I GO THERE AGAIN TODAY!

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

hey, be my guest and continue advocating climbing mixed routes in 45F weather (although it was not this warm when you did chair). You may be able to discuss it in the future. (where's the damn roll eyes icon when you need it?)

you're a real peach, aren't you?

RE-hey, be my guest and continue advocating climbing mixed routes in 45F weather (although it was not this warm when you did chair). You may be able to discuss it in the future. (where's the damn roll eyes icon when you need it?)

you're a real peach, aren't you?

You should just stay inside and watch Ed Viesturs or Cliffhanger on TV instead of really try it. If I wanted to climb chair again I would go right now. If you want to justify not going up there in good weather that's your problem.

Another note- if you cant read all my comments you're still the ignorant fuck.

it's the first time I hear anyone counting on windchill factor to bring down temps 10-15deg. in order to do a mixed route (if it's what you are talking about). Sounds pretty scary to me and cutting it pretty close but, true, I am no expert. And I have climbed the snoq. peaks in warm winter weather many times but it was not the N/NE side of chair.

The way I read your comments is that just because the weatherman says it's going to be warm you aint going climbing.

If I lived by that rule all the time I'd be watching more cliffhanger and shit (like you).

Also you seem somewhat fixated on Chair Peak. There are other mountains out there and I was trying to note that but since you have not passed the introductory class to hooked on phonics I guess I understand.

BTW how cold was it when I climbed Chair last? Did you carry a thermometer up behind us when we climbed it? I didn't see you there.

The only thing I am advocating is adventure but you're too stupid to realize that.

Also nobody said I was counting on anything other than going out there to do things sometimes.

the way you should read my comments is go with the flow of what weather tells you or you'll die (and give yourself a safety margin while you are at it). I never said you should not go out, but there is not much sense in going floundering in wet snow to the base of a climb that is not in conditions while you could go do something else. Note that I have done plenty of useless approaches myself and you have a point that you never quite know until you get there.

has anyone told you that your way of communicating with others is a little disfunctional? I did not mean to antagonize you and I remain in awe of your enthusiasm. Reminds me of myself quite a few years ago.