Vacation in May- What to do?

Maine-iac

All right adventurers. I just got vacation approved in May. Starting the 16th I have 24 days off. Any suggestions?

I live in the mid west currently and want to get out- no explanation needed as to why. I have no travel restrictions, and can probably drop up to $2500 on a trip if needed.

More than likely I'll be solo, unless I head back to the PNW when I can probably find some partners, and stuff is familiar.

What to do?

Ski/climb/hike in the Cham area (spent about 10 days there a few years back)?

Get flown in some place in AK and "explore"?

NZ/Australia, surf, hike climb?

Already done SE Asia... but something in the Nepal area? Annapurna circuit- barring another accident like earlier?

Drive out to the PNW and ski and climb the whole time?

I only get one vacation a year, so I want to do something worthwhile.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got some time between now and then. I might concentrate on finding a partner or partners for the time period. If no luck, hitting up the PNW for skiing and rock climbing would be a good backup plan. A solo trip to Cham seems feasible too because I've heard it's not hard to find partners there and if they've had a decent snow year skiing could still be good (and climbing too).

Just depends on the type of chicks you are after ;) $2500 could be very enjoyable if that's what I was wanting to spend it on.

I was set up for a Denali Exp last year, but some things fell through on both my partner's end and mine so we dissolved it. Now he is busy, and I am not so sure about going with a random group, especially since I would be the odd one out coming from the midwest.

Echo the find a partner suggestion. Adventures are more fun if you've got great company.

For the budget and time you have you could go to Spain, France, Italy, Swizzy. Drink some good wine, get sunburned, climb a ton of limestone and granite. Ski.