Looking for a Trad Mentor

CPesci

I have been rock climbing since 2008 and ventured into sport climbing around 2012. I am originally from Wisconsin but moved out here to pursue alpine/trad climbing, along with work ha! I took the Basic Climbing Course through The Mountaineers and have been climbing a ton in the North Cascades the last two years (sport, glacier, alpine). I prefer multi-pitch rock climbing routes and alpine but glacier is always fun to mix it up, especially because it is so prevalent in the Cascades. I am willing to do pretty much any type of climbing. I want to build myself as an efficient all-around climber. I am looking to get into trad climbing and realize that this is a slow, dedicated process. I am committed and was wondering if anyone wanted to show me the ropes, pun intended.

Let me know and I can supply you with my contact information.

Conor

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conor - if you had good experiences with the basic course, try the intermediate course. if you had bad experiences with the basic course, the intermediate course is WAY different, and much better for someone who wants to apply themselves to learn. At a minimum you'll learn some rope rescue skills, a good base knowledge of rock and ice leading, and most importantly, a few partners to get out with.

FWIW I went through the basic, intermediate classes. Good foundation in basic, but it was very regimented and didn't really let you mess up and learn. Intermediate is much closer to actual climbing...

Also, my schedule isn't that great, but feel free to PM me if you'd like to try and get out sometime.

Erik