Josh Lewis

Whatcomboy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a voice behind say "Hey Pat" at the Top 100 party last night, turned around, and was happily surprised to see the indomitable Josh Lewis standing there, sporting his usual cheerful smile, next to his brother.

Josh's injuries were extensive and serious, but he's attacking his recovery with the same diligence and enthusiasm as his climbing.

His reactions were top notch just before the accident, but a last nano-second ricochet by a 3 foot wide projectile knocked him off the mountain and very nearly off a cliff. Not many get tagged by something that big and live to tell about it.

Josh still has a hard healing road ahead, but he's proof positive that it is, indeed, hard to keep a good man down.

Celebrities included Carla Shauble, Eric Eames, Tim "dude, that's my goat" Halder, Linsey "youngest person ever" Warren, Don "Everest bagger" Beavon, Fred "I never finished the list, I just first ascended the majority of them" Beckey, with featured entertainment by Pickets master Wayne Wallace and John Scurlock, among many others.

Anyone wanting to get in on next year's techno-climbing rave can contact Milda (tmilda at msn dot com) to be added to the invite list.

• 3 weeks later...

Real answer for Whatcomboy: look up the Bulger 100, list of the highest 100 peaks (with some sort of prominence definition) in WA. Party was for folks who've climbed them all or something. Josh hasn't climbed all the ones on the list. Yet.

:wave: Hi Josh, get better

Edited by Off_White

Thanks everyone for the great support. It brought a huge smile while I was recovering. I'm still going to physical therapy for my finger. The concussion is the number one reason I can't do anything too hard. I slept 12-13 hours last night. Head injuries like this require a lot of sleep. The good news is that I experience times where I don't feel hit in the head which is great. I'm also pleased that there is now a good chance of my finger not needing to be amputated (this was a serious possibility before). My collar bone still swells up pretty easy just from a light backpack. The road to recovery has been rough, but I'm still hanging in there. Web work has been keeping me busy.

I finally put the trip report on CC:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1132168/TR_I_Have_Fallen_A_Near_Death_#Post1132168

I admit that it does not look as pretty as the one on my site. ;-) If CSS code was enabled, then I would be able to pull a few tricks.

Yes, Josh- they would have flown you back to the US, as long as you were stable. Steve House was flown from Calgary, back to Oregon (Redmond to be exact) and ACC insurance paid for it. It's great benefit and totally worth the cost of the membership.

I don't want to cut into your story, but I just wanted to make sure people realized the benefit of joining AAC.