Josh Lewis

Whatcomboy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

copied and pasted from summitpost. hoping the best for the lad.

"found out on Josh's facebook account that he had a bad fall near the Banff area and just returned home with many injuries.

Here is a first mention of his accident :

"Josh is in Calgary, and his mom has spoken to a doctor at the facility. He has a spinal and collarbone fracture and and is undergoing surgery tomorrow to his finger. Josh's mom feels that his climbing partner was very heroic in his endeavor to get Josh safely off the mountain and is grateful for all of his help."

Here is his first post since returning home :

"I am so thankful to have made it home alive from a serious mountain climbing accident. I broke my collar bone, shattered my pinky, fractured many spots in my back and neck, a nasty puncture in my side, big lacerations in my head, and many more minor injuries. It will be a long time until I get back into climbing. Even being able to eat food by myself sounds good."

Seems that Josh is already back online and probably will soon connect to SP. Let's wish him a quick recovery."

and

"Clavicle surgery went well. Had 8 screws placed in with a plate. Found out that my spine compression was worse than I originally thought. Went from being average height to being short. I don't mind that so much except that it might have some serious consequences on my back/neck in the future. At least the pain isn't so bad so far, pain meds are keeping me dizzy. And again, I feel quite fortunate to make it out of the ordeal alive.

I am only down to a single finger on one hand which will make typing a lot harder. Especially with the cast getting in the way with that hand. My brother should aid me on this at times."

• 1 month later...