Accident on Infinite Bliss

MrGecko

Apparently there was a tragedy over the weekend on Infinite Bliss. Condolences go out to all friends and family of the climbers involved.

I am always moved when I hear of friends and acquaintances who lose their life while pursuing something that they love and brings them joy.

Precious are our lives, live passionately my fellow wall mates.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wise sir do not grieve

it is always better to avenge dear ones

than to indulge in mourning

for every one of us living in this world

means waiting for our end

let he who can achieve glory before death

when a warrior is gone

that will be his best and only bulwark

I know of a climber who fell this weekend in that area who is presumed dead but according to his step sister, he has not been recovered yet. The details are very limited. If this is the same person you're speaking of, you can find a nice write up on him on Vertical World Seattle's fb page... Such a tragic loss

I didn't know him but I am sorry for everyone else's loss.

I am curious to find out the details of the eventual accident report. As noted in another thread and documented on supertopo there was rockfall on this route just days before and I saw pictures of severely damaged anchors. Also the report said that a number of bolts were damaged beyond use.

Does anyone know if the anchors on this route are safe at the moment?

I am confused, were two VW youth climbing coaches killed in separate climbing accidents in the last few days?

There were two young men killed this weekend in separate, unrelated accidents. One on Spontaneity Arete, one on Infinite Bliss. I believe both were affiliated with different gyms, not sure if they were both involved in coaching. It is very sad, with the recent fatality at Skaha, that makes three young men who left us too soon over the past couple of weeks.

I am confused, were two VW youth climbing coaches killed in separate climbing accidents in the last few days?

There were two young men killed this weekend in separate, unrelated accidents. One on Spontaneity Arete, one on Infinite Bliss. I believe both were affiliated with different gyms, not sure if they were both involved in coaching. It is very sad, with the recent fatality at Skaha, that makes three young men who left us too soon over the past couple of weeks.

There was also a climber fatality in Blodgett canyon just over the Montana boarder near Missoula. It has been a hard few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

I was away on a cycling trip, uncoonected to the world for a few days. I just learned about this. Climbed this route the year before. I have not seen the details, just the route, the reported rockfall, the young man's name. Always a reminder that objective dangers abound in this sport.