Cam left at Acker Rock

Paul Max

I climbed the Peregrine Traverse at Acker Rock on Monday. Interesting climb, to say the least. Unfortunately my second was unable to remove a cam I placed at the beginning of the second pitch... He says he wasn't familiar with the old school Chouinard cams, and this one walked back into the crack pretty far apparently. He ended up leaving it there to continue the climb. I'm sure it would come out with some wiggling and pulling on the right lever.

In any case, if anyone is heading up there any time soon, it's a Chouinard Camalot #2 and it's in a crack about 15 feet into the second pitch, right before the more vertical rock traverse starts (the end of the first pitch being the first big tree with a sling I believe). Because the route takes you down the other side of Acker Rock,and we finished at sunset, I did not have time to walk the hour and a half out-and-back to retrieve it. I would love to get the thing back if anyone is going to Acker Rock before too much rain ruins it. I would happily pay for shipping/collection and throw in a bonus to buy you a pack of your choice of beer :)

Thanks

PM

Edited by Paul Max

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days