WTB: Charlet Moser 10-point anti-snow plates

sticky buns

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not have any at all or did the ones you have brake? I just had to fix my BD Sabertooth Pro (pre 2009 model) because Black Diamond doesn't make the ABS plates for their earlier models anymore. I just drilled a couple holes in them and used really small zip ties to fasten them back to the crampon. Interesting note, when I called Black Diamond to inquire about buying the older model ABS they told me they didn't have any available. But the guy said to just take a piece of hard plastic and cut it down to size then fix it to the bottom of the crampon (he said cardboard covered in aluminum foil would work too). If I had to make entire new ones, I would use the plastic advice and then drill holes and fix it to the crampon with zip ties.

Good luck and maybe someone else might be able to offer better suggestions.

Thanks for the idea.

The original plates are rubber, and they've just melted with age. I just ordered some CM Super 12 plates on ebay; I'm hoping they work.

I read about cutting your own plastic (or rubber) and attaching with zip ties, so that may be my alternate step. I'll take ideas on what kind of rubber to use, and where to find it.