• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
BootsandPants

Summitpost Mt. Hood

I hope he is trolling, i quit reading after the bottom of page 1, even with all the proper gear, I had my panties in a bunch the first time up Hood on the final ascent.

Although who knows, I watched the video of the guy on Rainier with just a small pack in shorts, attempting a summit..until the rangers got hold of him.

looks kewl to me - would be quewler still if ole'boy had a bowie knife :)

I read all 40-some comments and ROFLMAO'ed the whole time. :laf:

I think "Diesel" could actually be our old nemesis Divot or Arc from years gone by. Hell, it could even be the Marmot Prince!

Whaddaya think, Off? Does Diesel smell like Divot?

Arc would have tried to sell him some crampons and just took his money, and convinced him he'd climbed Thermogenesis on New Years.

Oh, nice find! The avatar name certainly hints at the arc - divot - crampon - icefall person, but I think the troll is too finely played with so much control that it doesn't fit that other person's profile. I'm pretty sure it was a troll, real master work, and the summitposterians really took the bait.