• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
chris_stolz

[TR] Mt Stuart - Direct North Ridge 7/26/2014

I see their point though. Who are the bigger assholes? A cocky but highly efficient twosome, or People climbing a 50 crowded route in a group of 3 at their absolute limit at 5.9? I get their frustration at the bottlenecked gendarme, where you can't pass and have to wait your turn.

the same frustration any feller in a porsche feels when there's ford prefects in the passing lane...

fuck'em :)

I see their point though. Who are the bigger assholes? A cocky but highly efficient twosome, or People climbing a 50 crowded route in a group of 3 at their absolute limit at 5.9? I get their frustration at the bottlenecked gendarme, where you can't pass and have to wait your turn.

That's what happens when you do trade routes :crazy: and i don't think either one are assholes, i think we all take turns being the ass of the party, that's part of life :pagetop:

That's what happens when you do trade routes :crazy: and i don't think either one are assholes, i think we all take turns being the ass of the party, that's part of life :pagetop:

^Exactly. It's a trade route, in prime climbing season, ON THE WEEKEND. Expecting anything else is stupidity. Re-arrange your schedule and climb on weekdays if you want a relatively newb-free experience on a trade route. Or man up and do it in mid-September.

It's akin to being given the choice between driving somewhere across the city at 1pm or 5pm, choosing 5pm, then bitching when you are stuck in traffic. Sure, it may feel good to vent, but it's still your own fault. :hcluv: