I made an amazing geologic discovery!

Explorer

More here:

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/outdoors/34007966-80/divine-discovery.html.csp

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/outdoors/34008086-80/safety-key-for-those-who-plan-to-visit-valhalla.html.csp

My take on the hype that seems to be the main focus of this thread on Cascade Climbers: I have looked through some of the trip reports on this site - the stories and photos about the places you guys climb really are incredible! Putting that into perspective it's not hard to understand why you Dean Potter type adventurers are not very impressed with my discovery. It sounds like some of you might even find slot canyons routinely, on your way to the cliffs and mountain tops that you climb. But for the average non climbing member of the public, seeing photos and a story like Valhalla is exciting. If you watch the story Thursday night on Oregon Field Guide, you may even know some of the climbers that are in the film. The producer or no one else told them how to act or what to say, but you will see that they were pretty excited with what they saw in Valhalla. Once you have been there its merits will stand on their own and you can decide whether or not it lives up to the hype.

If I ever find anything else, next time I will see if Ivan wants to be my publicity manager!

Edited by Explorer

Eh... Here's a hint: how about next time you just tell us WTF you found and share the details.... otherwise keep it to yourself and go whore up the biggest media outlet that will listen to you.

We probably don't need to hear that you found something neat if you're not going to share the details.

[video:youtube]KlPxL1v0qdw

Eh... Here's a hint: how about next time you just tell us WTF you found and share the details.... otherwise keep it to yourself and go whore up the biggest media outlet that will listen to you.

We probably don't need to hear that you found something neat if you're not going to share the details.

Yea, I definitely learned my lesson on that!

:tup:

Hey man, you are welcome to show up and troll us anytime. It will make us mental, but we all will be going crazy with or without your taunts:-) Seriously, several times I've realized that I am in a location where no human being has ever stood before. EVER, including natives. It's a rare and special feeling most will never know, and we love it when it happens. So the next time you're all:RxK4EBr.jpg

or all

greatscott.gif

You BRING IT RIGHT OVER BEOTCH!!!!

Congrats again on the Hyperbole Canyon discovery, it lived up to the hype and then some. Can't wait till we finally get some coordinates and we can go there to soil it up good and proper.

[quote=Tyson.g

No kidding, with the recalcitrant hive mind around this place, it is a wonder anyone posts anything.

Sad.

Best of luck and glad you have stoke......maybe that is the cause of all the hating? Lack of passion and stoke by the others? Who knows but yeah, flee this cesspool.

:noway:

When Tyson.g posted that back in July, 2014 I thought his comment about a cess pool was an analogy. But with Choada Boy's plan for his power dump, maybe Tyson.g's comment was closer to reality than I knew. You knarly climbers do have a unique culture!

[quote=Tyson.g

No kidding, with the recalcitrant hive mind around this place, it is a wonder anyone posts anything.

Sad.

Best of luck and glad you have stoke......maybe that is the cause of all the hating? Lack of passion and stoke by the others? Who knows but yeah, flee this cesspool.

:noway:

When Tyson.g posted that back in July, 2014 I thought his comment about a cess pool was an analogy. But with Choada Boy's plan for his power dump, maybe Tyson.g's comment was closer to reality than I knew. You knarly climbers do have a unique culture!

Don't be put off by the flamin that we give. As in most things inter-nutz related, when you meet even the most violent mouthed spray lord, they are good folk in person. I personally know Choada (Justin T) and he is a reall cool, helpful and interesting person. I bet you two would get along.

Forget about the past and just share what you got. We all really appreciate the cool things others do. This is a social media site after all.

Would be cool to meet you at a pub party some time.

We need a full on CC.com tardfest Expedition up in this thing. Only registered idiots, clowns, and fools. Overly document the thing with beta and photos. Tomorrow you will receive instructions and you will go forth and conquer, fearlessly and without apprehension, because you are A CLIMBER, and damn it, you are a RISK FUELED ADRENALINE JUNKIE! GO FORTH AND TAKE WHAT IS YOURS!!!

I can't wait to pollute it with a power dump. Any good Mexican restaurants on the drive to the trailhead?

Sorry, I think Sasquatch beat you to it - I spotted him in the video background.

( I've had the coordinates for a couple years now, lost in my pile of crap)