I made an amazing geologic discovery!

Explorer

So I found out from an old friend that "Valhalla" has been known for some time. Maybe they didn't explore the whole thing, but he has pictures of his experience,

he writes:

"The Jonathan Korn search, 7/31/1992. We spent the night down

there in an unplanned bivouac. I got all on film."

I watched it. It was neat, but somehow I kind of figured that if you followed just about any drainage in the PNW you're going to find a lot of that kind of terrain.

I think it was nice for OPB to do a cool spot on it, good viewing but a little too much drama for something that looks kind of mellow if you've ever done any canyoneering.

So I found out from an old friend that "Valhalla" has been known for some time. Maybe they didn't explore the whole thing, but he has pictures of his experience,

he writes:

http://corvallismountainrescue.org/media/pre-2000/search.korn/jonathan-korn.search.html

jcorn.jpg ...same spot exactly?

17a1.jpg

OPB hit the jackpot on this one. Hyped it up for weeks then dropped it just before a pledge drive. Smart.

The show seemed more like bad reality television than journalism to me but cool to know this spot is in my back yard.

I wonder how long until Dan Helmstadter skis it?

he writes:

http://corvallismountainrescue.org/media/pre-2000/search.korn/jonathan-korn.search.html

So she wasn't a virgin after all.

And now she's been rap bolted and filmed for TV.

In March, David Lama and Red Bull will film a naked zip line descent.

In April, Ivan will aid to the top, build a bonfire in her mouth, get busted, and the defiling will be complete.

But somehow this thread lives on!

I watched the video and found it very compelling. Thanks for seeing it through and providing the story. I'll bet there are a few of those in north cascades. I saw an impenetrable valley near mt logan that had a whole valley side fracture and slide many meters in a v shape. Pretty sure nobodies seen that valley either.

he writes:

jcorn.jpg ...same spot exactly?

17a1.jpg

HAHA...Nice find!

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, Alisse said:

Did Hyperbole Canyon ever see a CC expedition led by @ivan with a flag-planting, slideshow with beers, $20 reward, etc?!?!

it's on my to-do list, though my go-to list of bastards, braggarts n' brawlers is declining at a shocking rate... :(

• 3 years later...