ouray ice festival

thelawgoddess

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do, yes. with a bunch of slc guys. i just waited too long to buy a plane ticket so i could ride with them. frown.gif i'd fork out the extra for the air-ride if i didn't have this damned car problem to deal with!!! i was so looking forward to climbing ice in the dark after having downed a number of margaritas ...

So go a little later in the season. There'll be fewer people there at a non-festival time, but that means it will just be crowded instead of a zoo.

But if you need to ice-socialize, there are other upcoming possibilities like the Roundup in Cody, Lilloeet, Chicks with Picks, Canmore, North of Superior, or Valdez icefests (among others further east).

• 7 years later...

I'm flying from Seattle to Denver and driving to the Ouray Ice Festival, and I have a motel room. Airfare was only $173 RT. Let me know if you'd like to attend and share car/motel expenses with me. I'm flying out Thursday AM and returing Sunday PM.

I plan on top-roping and attending ice climbing clinics.

http://ourayicefestival.com/

Eddy